University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Construction Management: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Construction Management syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Construction Management Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Construction Management Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Construction Management in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Construction Management Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Construction Management and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Construction Management Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
|100||Introduction to Construction Management|
|300||Construction Project Planning and Scheduling|
|400||Resources Management and Allocation|
|500||Project Monitoring and Cost Control|
|600||Safety and Health on Construction Sites|
|800||Construction Labors and Legislation|
- Concept of Management, Principles of management, contribution by eminent personalities towards growth of management thoughts.
- Significance of construction, management, objectives and functions of construction management
- Resources required for construction.
- Unique features of construction industry.
- Construction projects- classification, characteristics life cycle concept of project etc.
- Roles and responsibilities of various agencies associated with a Construction project.
- Pre-requisites of commencing construction work sanctions, approvals to be sought, and feasibility studies.
- Site layout, organizing and mobilizing the site
- Stages of planning in the view of owner/Department as well as contractor.
- W.B.S, Bar Charts.
- Network-Terminology, Network Rules, Fulkerson’s rule, skip numbering, Precedence network etc.
- C.P.M - Activity and event with their types, activity times, event times, critical path, forward pass, backward pass, float and its types.
- P.E.R.T- Assumption underlying PERT analysis time estimates, slack and its types, probability of completing the project etc.
- Material Management- Importance, objectives, functions of material management, inventory control, A-B-C analysis, E.O.Q etc.
- Human Resource Management- Manpower planning, recruitment, Selection training, performance evaluation of worker etc.
- Financial Management- accounting and Accounting principles, source of finance, cash flows associated with project, time value of money, economic appraisal criterias for project.
- Resources Allocation Methods- Resource leveling resource smoothening.
- Introduction to project Management MS Project and PRIMAVERA
- Supervision, record keeping, Periodic progress reports etc.
- Updating- Purpose of frequency of updating method of updating a network etc.
- Time cost optimization in construction projects compression and decompression of network etc.
- Common causes of time over run and cost overrun and Corrective measures.
- Common causes of accidents on construction sites, costs of accident, precautionary measures to avoid accidents,
- Occupational health hazards in construction industry.
- Safety and Health Campaign.
- Concept of Quality, quality control check list in quality control etc.
- Role of inspection in quality control,
- Quality manual, Quality assurance statistical quality control
- ISO 14000
- Need for legislation
- Acts applicable to Indian construction labours such as payment of wages act, min wages act, workmen’s compensation act, factories act etc.