CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Construction Management Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Construction Management and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
|100||Introduction to Construction Management||-|
|300||Construction Project Planning and Scheduling||-|
|400||Resources Management and Allocation||-|
|500||Project Monitoring and Cost Control||-|
|600||Safety and Health on Construction Sites||-|
|800||Construction Labors and Legislation||-|
100 Introduction to Construction Management
- Concept of Management, Principles of management, contribution by eminent personalities towards growth of management thoughts.
- Significance of construction, management, objectives and functions of construction management
- Resources required for construction.
200 Construction Projects
- Unique features of construction industry.
- Construction projects- classification, characteristics life cycle concept of project etc.
- Roles and responsibilities of various agencies associated with a Construction project.
- Pre-requisites of commencing construction work sanctions, approvals to be sought, and feasibility studies.
- Site layout, organizing and mobilizing the site
300 Construction Project Planning and Scheduling
- Stages of planning in the view of owner/Department as well as contractor.
- W.B.S, Bar Charts.
- Network-Terminology, Network Rules, Fulkerson’s rule, skip numbering, Precedence network etc.
- C.P.M - Activity and event with their types, activity times, event times, critical path, forward pass, backward pass, float and its types.
- P.E.R.T- Assumption underlying PERT analysis time estimates, slack and its types, probability of completing the project etc.
400 Resources Management and Allocation
- Material Management- Importance, objectives, functions of material management, inventory control, A-B-C analysis, E.O.Q etc.
- Human Resource Management- Manpower planning, recruitment, Selection training, performance evaluation of worker etc.
- Financial Management- accounting and Accounting principles, source of finance, cash flows associated with project, time value of money, economic appraisal criterias for project.
- Resources Allocation Methods- Resource leveling resource smoothening.
- Introduction to project Management MS Project and PRIMAVERA
500 Project Monitoring and Cost Control
- Supervision, record keeping, Periodic progress reports etc.
- Updating- Purpose of frequency of updating method of updating a network etc.
- Time cost optimization in construction projects compression and decompression of network etc.
- Common causes of time over run and cost overrun and Corrective measures.
600 Safety and Health on Construction Sites
- Common causes of accidents on construction sites, costs of accident, precautionary measures to avoid accidents,
- Occupational health hazards in construction industry.
- Safety and Health Campaign.
700 Quality Control
- Concept of Quality, quality control check list in quality control etc.
- Role of inspection in quality control,
- Quality manual, Quality assurance statistical quality control
- ISO 14000
800 Construction Labors and Legislation
- Need for legislation
- Acts applicable to Indian construction labours such as payment of wages act, min wages act, workmen’s compensation act, factories act etc.