CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Construction Equipment
101.00 Standard Types of Equipment
- Standard types of equipment,
- special equipment,
- cost of owning and operating equipment,
- depreciation costs,
- investment and operating costs,
- economic life,
- sources of construction equipment,
- factors affecting selection of construction equipment,
- balancing of equipment.
102.00 Study of Equipments with Reference to Available Types and Their Capacities
- Earthmoving equipment: tractors and attachments, dozers and rippers, scrapers, shovels, draglines, trenching machines, clamshell, hoes, trucks and wagons, dumpers, dozers, trenching machines, rollers and compactors.
- Drilling and blasting equipment: bits, jackhammers, drifters, drills, blasting material, firing charge, safety fuse, electric blasting caps, drilling patterns, transporting and handling of explosives.
- Pile driving equipment: types, pile driving hammers: single acting anddouble acting, differential acting hammers, hydraulic and diesel hammers, vibratory pile drivers.
- Pumping equipment:reciprocating, diaphragm and centrifugal pumps,wellpoint system.
- Stone crushing equipment: jaw, gyratory and cone crushers, hammer mills, roll crushers, rod and ball crushers, aggregate screens and screening plants, portable plants.
- Air compressor.
- Equipment for moving materials: builder's hoists, forklifts, cranes, belt-conveyors, cableways, ropeways.
- Selection of alignment, methods of tunneling in soft soils and in hard rock,sequence of operations for drilling and blasting method, mechanical moles, boomers, tunnel boring machines, mucking, ventilation of tunnels, dust control, types of tunnel supports, sequence of lining operation, lining with pneumatic placers and by pumpcretemethodsize, sampling distributions: t, F and ƛ ²distributions
300.00 Soil Stabilization Techniques
- sand drains, stone columns use ofgeotextilesand chemicals, diaphragm wall, rock anchors,foundation grouting.
- massconcreting, vacuumconcrete, forms for concrete construction: slip forms, collapsible forms, forms for cantilevers.
500.00 Different Types of Cladding
- fixing and maintenance arrangements.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Environmental Engineering 2 2007 to 2018
- Limit State Method for Reinforced Concrete Structures 2011 to 2018
- Irrigation Engineering 2008 to 2018
- Quantity Survey Estimation and Valuation 2007 to 2018
- Construction Engineering 2008 to 2018