University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Computer Networks: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 5 (TE Third Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Computer Networks syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Computer Networks Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Computer Networks Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Computer Networks in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Computer Networks Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Computer Networks and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Computer Networks Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
- History and development of computer network, network application, network software and hardware components, topology, protocol hierarchies, design issues for the layers, connection oriented and connectionless services, reference models: layer details of OSI, TCP/IP models.
- Communication between layers.
- Guided Transmission Media:- Twisted pair, Coaxial, Fiber optics.
- Unguided media (Wireless Transmission) Radio Waves, Bluetooth, Infrared, Virtual LAN.
- Data Link Layer:- DDL Design Issues, Functionalities of DLL, Flow control algorithms Sliding Window, Error Detection & Correction techniques, SDLC, PPP, Framing.
- MAC Layer:- Aloha protocols, Control Access Protocol, Carrier Sense Multiple Access(CSMA), Ethernet, Local Area Networks Ethernet, Token ring, FDDI.
- Communication Primitives:- Unicast, Multicast, Broadcast.
- IP Addressing, Subnetting, IPv4, IPv6
- Routing algorithms:- Link state routing, Distance Vector Routing, ARP, RARP, ICMP, Routing protocols RIP, OSPF, BGP, IGRP
- Congestion control algorithms:- Open Loop congestion control, Closed Loop congestion control.
- The Transport Service:- Transport service primitives, Berkeley Sockets, Connection management, UDP, TCP, Socket Programming (TCP & UDP), Socket Programming examples, TCP Flow control, TCP Congestion Control, Multiplexing.
- DNS, HTTP, Email, SMTP, Telnet, FTP, SecurityPGPSSH.
- SNMP Concept, Management Components, SMI, MIB, SNMP Format, Messages.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Operating Systems 2009 to 2018
- Computer Networks 2007 to 2018
- Structured and Object Oriented Analysis and Design 2015 to 2018
- Microprocessors 2007 to 2018
- Theory of Computer Science 2007 to 2014
- Web Engineering 2010 to 2014
- Advanced Database Management Systems 2010 to 2018
- Environmental Studies 2010 to 2014