CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Computer Networks Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Computer Networks and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
- History and development of computer network, network application, network software and hardware components, topology, protocol hierarchies, design issues for the layers, connection oriented and connectionless services, reference models: layer details of OSI, TCP/IP models.
- Communication between layers.
200 Physical Layer
- Guided Transmission Media:- Twisted pair, Coaxial, Fiber optics.
- Unguided media (Wireless Transmission) Radio Waves, Bluetooth, Infrared, Virtual LAN.
300 Data Link Layer and MAC Layer
- Data Link Layer:- DDL Design Issues, Functionalities of DLL, Flow control algorithms Sliding Window, Error Detection & Correction techniques, SDLC, PPP, Framing.
- MAC Layer:- Aloha protocols, Control Access Protocol, Carrier Sense Multiple Access(CSMA), Ethernet, Local Area Networks Ethernet, Token ring, FDDI.
400 Network Layer
- Communication Primitives:- Unicast, Multicast, Broadcast.
- IP Addressing, Subnetting, IPv4, IPv6
- Routing algorithms:- Link state routing, Distance Vector Routing, ARP, RARP, ICMP, Routing protocols RIP, OSPF, BGP, IGRP
- Congestion control algorithms:- Open Loop congestion control, Closed Loop congestion control.
500 Transport Layer
- The Transport Service:- Transport service primitives, Berkeley Sockets, Connection management, UDP, TCP, Socket Programming (TCP & UDP), Socket Programming examples, TCP Flow control, TCP Congestion Control, Multiplexing.
600 Application Layer
- DNS, HTTP, Email, SMTP, Telnet, FTP, SecurityPGPSSH.
700 Network Management
- SNMP Concept, Management Components, SMI, MIB, SNMP Format, Messages.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Operating Systems 2009 to 2018
- Computer Networks 2007 to 2018
- Structured and Object Oriented Analysis and Design 2015 to 2018
- Microprocessors 2007 to 2018
- Theory of Computer Science 2007 to 2014
- Web Engineering 2010 to 2014
- Advanced Database Management Systems 2010 to 2018
- Environmental Studies 2010 to 2014