CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Module 1
101.00 Solid Geometry
- Intersection of surfaces and interpenetration of solids- Intersection of prism or cylinder with prism; cylinder or cone, both solids in simple position only.
- Primary auxiliary views and auxiliary projections of simple machine parts
102.00 Machine Elements
- Preparation of 2-D drawings of standard machine elements (nuts, bolts, keys, cotter, screws, spring etc.)
103.00 Conventional Representation of Assembly
- Conventional representation of assembly of threaded parts in external and sectional views,
- Types of threads; thread designation, Conventional representation of machine components and materials,
- Designation of standard components.
200.00 Module 2
201.00 Limits Fits and Tolerances
- Dimensioning with tolerances indicating various types of fits in details and assembly drawings,
- Types of assembly drawings, part drawings, drawings for catalogues and instruction manuals, patent drawings, drawing standards.
202.00 Details and Assembly Drawing
- Introduction to the unit assembly drawing, steps involved in preparing assembly drawing from details and vice-versa, Sequence in assembly.
203.00 Preparation of Details
- Preparation of details and assembly drawings of any twofrom: Clapper block, Single tool post, Lathe and Milling tail stock.
204.00 Cotter, Knuckle Joint
- Cotter, Knuckle joint, Keys and Couplings: keys-sunk, parallel woodruff, saddle, feather etc.
- Coupling: simple, muff, flanged.
205.00 Protected Flange Coupling
- Protected flange coupling, Oldham’s coupling, Universal coupling.
300.00 Module 3
301.00 Preparation of Details and Assembly Drawings of Bearings
- Simple, solid, Bushed bearing. I.S. conventional representation of ball and roller bearing.
302.00 Pedestal Bearing, Footstep Bearing
- Pedestal bearing,
- footstep bearing.
400.00 Module 4
401.00 Preparation of Details and Assembly Drawings of Pulleys, Pipe Joints
- Classification of Pulleys, pipe joints
- Flat belt, V-belt, rope belt, Fast and loose pulleys
403.00 Pipe Joints (Any Two)
- Flanged joints, Socket and spigot joint, Gland and stuffing box, expansion joint.
500.00 Module 5
501.00 Preparation of Details and Assembly Drawings of Valves, I.C. Engine Parts
- Types of Valves, introduction to I.C. Engine.
502.00 Preparation of Details and Assembly Drawings Of(Any Three)
- Air cock;Blow off cock, Steam stop valve, Gate valve, Globe valve, Non return Valve,
- I.C. Engine parts: Piston, Connecting rod, Cross head, Crankshaft, Carburetor, Fuel pump, injector, and Spark plug.
600.00 Module 6
601.00 Preparation of Details and Assembly Drawings of Jigs and Fixtures
- Introduction to Jigs and fixtures.
602.00 Jigs and Fixtures
- Jigs and Fixtures (any two from each)
603.00 Reverse Engineering of a Physical Model
- disassembling of any physical model having not less than five parts, sketch the minimum views required for each component, measure all the required dimensions of each component, convert these sketches into 3-D model and create an assembly drawing with actual dimensions