CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Types of signals, Signal spectrum and band width, Fourier Series, Fourier Transform, Analog and Digital communication system (block diagram).
200.00 Analog Communication
- Analog Modulation Demodulation Techniques (AM, FM & PM), Amplitude Modulation (AM) - DSBFC, DSBSC, SSB generation, Frequency Modulation (FM) - Noise Triangle, Pre-emphasis and Deemphasis, generation Techniques, Phase Modulation (PM) - Generation Techniques, Radio Receivers, TRF and Superhyterodyne Receivers, AGC Methods, FM Receivers
300.00 Information Theory
- Concept of information, Entropy of discrete system, Transmission rate and channel capacity of noisy channels, Shannon’s theorem on channel capacity, sampling theorem, Source encoding: Shannon – Fano algorithm, Huffman technique.
400.00 Digital Communication
- PCM, Delta Modulation and Adaptive delta modulation, ASK, FSK, PSKBPSK, DPSK (Transmitter Receiver block diagram, Waveforms, Spectrum).
500.00 Coding Techniques (Algorithmic Approach)
- Linear block codes (coding and decoding), Cyclic codes (generation), Convolution codes (generation only, state diagram and code tree not included)
600.00 Overview of Different Types of Communication
- Power Line Carrier communication, Satellite communication, OFC (Block Diagram only).
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Electromagnetic Fields and Waves 2007 to 2013
- Electrical Machines 2 2008 to 2013
- Communication Engineering 2010 to 2013
- Power Electronics 2010 to 2013
- Power System Analysis 2010 to 2013
- Environmental Studies 2010 to 2014