CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Units and Topics
- Unit Operations and Processes Concept Used in Chemical Industries.
- General principles applied in studying an industry, phases of development of chemical industries in India.
- An overview on industries such as: vegetable oils & animal fats, natural waxes / resins, essential oils & Flavour ingredients Industry, Food & Agro-Products An overview of other industrially important products: Paints, Varnishes & lacquers, Soaps & Detergents, Dyes & Intermediates, Agrochemicals, Pharmaceuticals: Penicillin.
200 Manufacturing of Acids
- Sulphuric Acid (DCDA Process), Nitric Acid, Acetic Acid & Phosphoric Acid (WET Process)
- Manufacturing of Fertilizers: Ammonia, Urea, Superphosphate (SSP, TSP) & Ammonium Sulphate
300 Sugar, Starch and Alcohol Industries
- Introduction to biodiesel processing.
- Chloro-Alkali Industries: Manufacturing of Caustic Soda, Hydrochloric Acid and Hydrogen, Soda Ash (Solvay and Dual Process).
400 Synthesis of Important Heavy Organic Chemicals and Intermediates
- Styrene , Phenol, Purified Terephthalic acid.
500 Synthesis of Polymers
- Polyethylene: LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE; Polyster Fibre, Nylon and PVC.
600 Basic Building Blocks of Petrochemical Industry
- Treatment of Crude oils and the products there from; refining vs. cracking; manufacture of Acetylene, Ethylene, Benzene Toluene, Xylene.