University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Chemical Reaction Engineering 1: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 5 (TE Third Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Chemical Reaction Engineering 1 syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Chemical Reaction Engineering 1 Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Chemical Reaction Engineering 1 Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Chemical Reaction Engineering 1 in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Chemical Reaction Engineering 1 Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Chemical Reaction Engineering 1 and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Chemical Reaction Engineering 1 Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
|100||Introduction and Reaction Kinetics of Homogeneous Systems|
|200||Methods of Analysis of Experimental Data|
|300||Design of Reactor|
|400||Heat and Pressure Effects|
- Various types of reactions:- Reversible Vs irreversible reactions, Homogeneous Vs heterogeneous reactions, Catalytic Vs non-catalytic reactions, Single vs multiple reactions, Auto catalytic reactions, Rate of reaction, Rate constants, Order/ molecularity.
- Formulation and solution of rate equations for batch reactors for simple and complex reactions. Effect of thermodynamic equilibrium.
- Temperature dependency-Various Theories.
- Reaction mechanism and it influence on kinetics, search for plausible mechanism via reaction kinetics
- For Constant volume & variable volume batch reactor – Integral method of analysis of experimental data, Differential method of analysis.
- Concept of half-life /fractional life.
- Over all order of irreversible reactions (initial rate method).
- Empirical rate equation for nth order reactions.
- Analysis of complete rate of reactions.
- Partial analysis of rate of reaction.
- Reversible and irreversible reactions in parallel Reversible and irreversible reaction in series.
- Homogeneous catalysed reactions.
- Auto Catalytic reactions.
- Shifting order reactions.
- Ideal batch reactor and concept of batch time. Flow reactor and concept of space time / space velocity and holding time / residence time. Ideal mixed flow reactor (MFR) and plug flow reactor (PFR).
- Design for single reactions:- Single reactor performance of reversible and irreversible first order, pseudo first order, second order reactions for MFR, PFR. Graphical and analytical techniques.
- Combination of reactors PFR in series / parallel, unequal size MFR in series, performance of the above for the first order and second order reactions. Recycle reactor and auto catalytic reactor. Semi batch reactor and recycle reactor.
- Design for complex reactions:- Irreversible and Reversible reactions in series and parallel with same or different order in various combinations.
- Heat of reaction and its variation with temperature.
- Variation of equilibrium constant and equilibrium conversion with temperature.
- Effect of temperature on reactor performance for adiabatic and non adiabatic operations.
- Case of exothermic reactions in mixed reactor.
- Optimum temperature progression.
- Multiple reactions- effect on product distribution.
- Temperature and scale effect on productivity of reactor.
- Various problems based on design of non-isothermal reactor are to be solved by using various numerical methods.