CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Module 1
101.00 Computer Graphics and Techniques for Geometric Modeling
- Computer Graphics: Two dimensional computer graphics, vector generation, the windowing transformation, Three dimensional Computer graphics, viewing transformation, Homogeneous coordinates, Perspective projection, Hidden line removal & hidden surface removal algorithm, light & shade ray tracing.
- The parametric representation of geometry, Bezier curves, Cubic Spline curve, B-Spline curve, parametric representation of line, circle, ellipse & parabola. Constructive solid geometry (CSG), Boundary Representation (B-Rep), Wire Frame Modeling, Solid Modeling, Surface Modeling, Parametric Modeling, feature based modeling, Feature recognition, Design by feature.
200.00 Module 2
201.00 Transformation, Manipulation and Data Storage
- 2D & 3D Transformations (Translation, Rotation, & Scaling & Magnification), Concatenations, Matrix representation, Problems & object oriented programming on Transformations.
- Object transformation, mirror transformation, Artificial Intelligence in Design & Manufacturing, Representation of Knowledge, and Knowledge base Engineering.
300.00 Module 3
301.00 Nc and Cnc Technology
- Tape coding & format, Manual Part Programming, Computer Aided Part Programming, CNC functions & advantages, DNC, adaptive Control, CNC programming concepts, Trends & new developments in NC, Part programmers job, functions of a post processor, NC part programming languages, Elements of a APT language, The Macro Statement in APT, NC programming with interactive graphics.
- Constructional details of CNC machines, Feed back devices- Velocity & displacement, Machining Centers and its types, Automated Material Handling & storage Systems like Robots, AGVs and AS/RS etc
400.00 Module 4
401.00 Computer Aided Engineering
- Fundamentals of computer aided engineering, CAE includes mass property calculations, kinematic analysis and animation (movement, visualization, simulation and FEA).
- Case study based on modeling and analysis of structural, thermal/fluid, and dynamic (vibration analysis) system. Parameter optimization
500.00 Module 5
501.00 Computer Integrated Manufacturing and Technology Driven Practices
- Introduction, Evolution, Objectives, CIM Hardware and Software, CIM Benefits, Nature and role of the elements of CIM, Identifying CIM needs, Data base requirements of CIM, Role of CAD/CAM in CIM, Obstacles to Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Concept of the future CIM systems, Socio -techno- economic aspects of CIM.
600.00 Module 6
601.00 Rapid Prototyping and Tooling
- Introduction to RP, Technology Description, Overview of RP, Benefits and Application. RP Processes: Process overviews, STL file Generation, Classes of RP systems: Stereo-lithography Approach (SLA), SLA with photo-polymerization (mathematical modelling of the process), SLA with liquid thermal polymerization, Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), Fused deposition modelling, Laminated object manufacturing, Laser powder forming. Prototype properties: Material properties, colour, dimensional accuracy, stability, surface finish, machinability, environmental resistance, operational properties. RP Applications: Design, Concept Models, Form & fit checking, Functional testing, CAD data verification, Rapid Tooling, Rapid manufacturing, Science & Medicine, RP processes for MEMS, Photolithography, Direct Laser Writer, Bulk Lithography for 3D micro fabrication (Modelling of beam propagation and curing in resin system).
Question Papers For All Subjects
- CAD CAM CAE 2011 to 2018
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning 2011 to 2018
- Manufacturing Planning and Control 2011 to 2015
- Machine Design 2 2011 to 2018
- Production Planning and Control 2016 to 2018
- Mechanical Utility System 2018 to 2018