University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) CAD CAM CAE: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) CAD CAM CAE syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) CAD CAM CAE Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) CAD CAM CAE Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) CAD CAM CAE in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) CAD CAM CAE Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) CAD CAM CAE and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) CAD CAM CAE Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
|101||Computer Graphics and Techniques for Geometric Modeling|
|201||Transformation, Manipulation and Data Storage|
|301||Nc and Cnc Technology|
|401||Computer Aided Engineering|
|501||Computer Integrated Manufacturing and Technology Driven Practices|
|601||Rapid Prototyping and Tooling|
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) CAD CAM CAE Syllabus for Module 1
- Computer Graphics: Two dimensional computer graphics, vector generation, the windowing transformation, Three dimensional Computer graphics, viewing transformation, Homogeneous coordinates, Perspective projection, Hidden line removal & hidden surface removal algorithm, light & shade ray tracing.
- The parametric representation of geometry, Bezier curves, Cubic Spline curve, B-Spline curve, parametric representation of line, circle, ellipse & parabola. Constructive solid geometry (CSG), Boundary Representation (B-Rep), Wire Frame Modeling, Solid Modeling, Surface Modeling, Parametric Modeling, feature based modeling, Feature recognition, Design by feature.
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) CAD CAM CAE Syllabus for Module 2
- 2D & 3D Transformations (Translation, Rotation, & Scaling & Magnification), Concatenations, Matrix representation, Problems & object oriented programming on Transformations.
- Object transformation, mirror transformation, Artificial Intelligence in Design & Manufacturing, Representation of Knowledge, and Knowledge base Engineering.
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) CAD CAM CAE Syllabus for Module 3
- Tape coding & format, Manual Part Programming, Computer Aided Part Programming, CNC functions & advantages, DNC, adaptive Control, CNC programming concepts, Trends & new developments in NC, Part programmers job, functions of a post processor, NC part programming languages, Elements of a APT language, The Macro Statement in APT, NC programming with interactive graphics.
- Constructional details of CNC machines, Feed back devices- Velocity & displacement, Machining Centers and its types, Automated Material Handling & storage Systems like Robots, AGVs and AS/RS etc
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) CAD CAM CAE Syllabus for Module 4
- Fundamentals of computer aided engineering, CAE includes mass property calculations, kinematic analysis and animation (movement, visualization, simulation and FEA).
- Case study based on modeling and analysis of structural, thermal/fluid, and dynamic (vibration analysis) system. Parameter optimization
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) CAD CAM CAE Syllabus for Module 5
- Introduction, Evolution, Objectives, CIM Hardware and Software, CIM Benefits, Nature and role of the elements of CIM, Identifying CIM needs, Data base requirements of CIM, Role of CAD/CAM in CIM, Obstacles to Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Concept of the future CIM systems, Socio -techno- economic aspects of CIM.
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) CAD CAM CAE Syllabus for Module 6
- Introduction to RP, Technology Description, Overview of RP, Benefits and Application. RP Processes: Process overviews, STL file Generation, Classes of RP systems: Stereo-lithography Approach (SLA), SLA with photo-polymerization (mathematical modelling of the process), SLA with liquid thermal polymerization, Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), Fused deposition modelling, Laminated object manufacturing, Laser powder forming. Prototype properties: Material properties, colour, dimensional accuracy, stability, surface finish, machinability, environmental resistance, operational properties. RP Applications: Design, Concept Models, Form & fit checking, Functional testing, CAD data verification, Rapid Tooling, Rapid manufacturing, Science & Medicine, RP processes for MEMS, Photolithography, Direct Laser Writer, Bulk Lithography for 3D micro fabrication (Modelling of beam propagation and curing in resin system).
Question Papers For All Subjects
- CAD CAM CAE 2011 to 2018