University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Building Services: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Building Services syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Building Services Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Building Services Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Building Services in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Building Services Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Building Services and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Building Services Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Special features required for physically handicapped and elderly - conveyors - Vibrators - Concrete mixers - DC/AC motors - Generators - Laboratory services - Gas , Water, air and electricity - Hot water boilers- pumps.
- Water Distribution system - Material for service pipes - Service connection - Size of service pipe - Water meter - valves storage tanks
- Pipe and traps - system of plumbing - House drainage plans - septic tanks- soak pit
- Basics of electricity - Single / Three phase supply - Protective devices in electrical installations - Earthing for safety -Types of Earthing - ISI specifications - Types of wires, wiring systems and their choice - Planning electrical wiring for building - Main and distribution boards - Transformers and switch gears - Layout of substations.
- sual task - Factors affecting visual task - Modern theory of light and colour - Synthesis of Light - Additive and Subtractive synthesis of colour - Luminous flux - candela - solid angle illumination - utilization factor - Depreciation factor - MSCP - MHCP - Lans of illumination - Classification of lighting - Artificial lights sources - spectral energy distribution - Luminous efficiency -
- Lighting for stores, offices, school, hospitals and house lighting. Elementary idea of special features required and minimum level of illumination required for physically handicapped and elderly in building types.
- Heat - temperature, measurement transfer - change of state - sensible heat - Latent heat of fusion, evaporation,
- sublimation - saturation temperature - super heated vapour - sub cooled liquid - pressure temperature relationship for liquid
- Vapour compression cycle - compressor - Evaporators- Refrigerants control devices - Electric motors - starters - Air handling units- cooling towers - Window type and packed air conditioners - chilled water plant - Fan coil systems - water piping - cooling load - Air conditioning systems for different types of building - Protection against fire to be caused by A.C. systems.
- Causes of fire in building - safety regulation - NBC - Planning considerations in building like non-combustible materials, construction, staircases and lift lobbies, fire escapes and A.C. system.
- Special features required for physically handicapped and elderly in building types - Heat and smoke detectors - Fire alarm system, snorkel Ladder - Fire Lighting pump and water storage - Dry and wet riser - Automatic sprinklers
- Water Audit of India, Concept of rain water harvesting, Methodologies for Percolation / recharge bore pit, Percolation / recharge bore well, Percolation/ recharge well cum bore pit, Harvesting rooftop rainwater, Harvesting driveway runoff.
- National water harvesters network (NWHN) and some case studies
- Need for a green building, planning and design of green buildings, obstacles, materials used in green building technology, rating system (According to LEED- INDIA)