CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Units and Topics
- Different types of structures such as load bearing structures,
- framed structures and composite structures,
- Introduction to different types of foundations: Stepped foundations, column footing, combined footing, under-reamed pile foundations
101 Construction Materials: Classification and Properties
- Classification of materials, building materials symbols and requirements of building materials and products: functional, aesthetical and economical.
102 Study of Properties of Materials
- Study of properties of materials-physical,
- mechanical, chemical,
- biological and other like durability,
- reliability, compatibility and economic characteristics
200 Raw Materials, Manufacturing Process and Properties of Basic Construction Materials.
201 Rocks (Stone)
- quarrying, milling and surface finishing, preservative treatments
202 Structural Clay Products
- bricks, roofing tiles, ceramic tiles, raw materials and manufacturing process.
203 Concrete Blocks
- flooring tiles, paver blocks-raw materials and manufacturing process.
204 Binder Material
- Binder material: lime,
- cement: physical properties and manufacturing process,
- plaster of Paris- properties and uses.
- Mortar - ingredients, preparation and uses
300 Masonry Construction and Masonry Finishes
301 Classification and Bonding of Stone, Brick and Concrete Blocks
302 Masonry Finishes-pointing, Plastering and Painting
303 Paints and Varnishes
- Types, constituents and uses.
400 Formwork ,Floor and Roofs
- Materials used, design considerations, shuttering, centering and staging, scaffolding
402 Floor and Roofs
- Type of floors, floor finishes and suitability.
- Type of roofs, wooden and steel trusses and roof covering
500 Glass , Timber , Metal and Alloys
- Types and uses.
- Introduction to glass fibre reinforced plastic
- Varieties, defects in timber, preservative treatments and wood composites.
503 Metal and Alloys
- Ferrous and non ferrous metals and alloys, aluminum, tin, zinc, nickel -
- types and uses and anti-corrosive treatment.
600 Building Services, Air Conditioning and Ventilation, Acoustics and Sound Insulation, Damp-proofing and Water Proofing.
601 Air Conditioning
- systems of heating, air conditioning, ventilation, construction requirements.
602 Acoustics and Sound Insulation
- Characteristics of sound, reflection and absorption coefficient, acoustical defects, design and material.
603 Damp-proofing and Water Proofing
- materials and methods.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 3 2007 to 2018