CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Different types of structures such as load bearing structures,
- framed structures and composite structures,
- Introduction to different types of foundations: Stepped foundations, column footing, combined footing, under-reamed pile foundations
101.00 Construction Materials: Classification and Properties
- Classification of materials, building materials symbols and requirements of building materials and products: functional, aesthetical and economical.
102.00 Study of Properties of Materials
- Study of properties of materials-physical,
- mechanical, chemical,
- biological and other like durability,
- reliability, compatibility and economic characteristics
200.00 Raw Materials, Manufacturing Process and Properties of Basic Construction Materials.
201.00 Rocks (Stone)
- quarrying, milling and surface finishing, preservative treatments
202.00 Structural Clay Products
- bricks, roofing tiles, ceramic tiles, raw materials and manufacturing process.
203.00 Concrete Blocks
- flooring tiles, paver blocks-raw materials and manufacturing process.
204.00 Binder Material
- Binder material: lime,
- cement: physical properties and manufacturing process,
- plaster of Paris- properties and uses.
- Mortar - ingredients, preparation and uses
300.00 Masonry Construction and Masonry Finishes
301.00 Classification and Bonding of Stone, Brick and Concrete Blocks
302.00 Masonry Finishes-pointing, Plastering and Painting
303.00 Paints and Varnishes
- Types, constituents and uses.
400.00 Formwork ,Floor and Roofs
- Materials used, design considerations, shuttering, centering and staging, scaffolding
402.00 Floor and Roofs
- Type of floors, floor finishes and suitability.
- Type of roofs, wooden and steel trusses and roof covering
500.00 Glass , Timber , Metal and Alloys
- Types and uses.
- Introduction to glass fibre reinforced plastic
- Varieties, defects in timber, preservative treatments and wood composites.
503.00 Metal and Alloys
- Ferrous and non ferrous metals and alloys, aluminum, tin, zinc, nickel -
- types and uses and anti-corrosive treatment.
600.00 Building Services, Air Conditioning and Ventilation, Acoustics and Sound Insulation, Damp-proofing and Water Proofing.
601.00 Air Conditioning
- systems of heating, air conditioning, ventilation, construction requirements.
602.00 Acoustics and Sound Insulation
- Characteristics of sound, reflection and absorption coefficient, acoustical defects, design and material.
603.00 Damp-proofing and Water Proofing
- materials and methods.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 3 2007 to 2018