University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Building Materials and Construction: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 3 (SE Second Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Building Materials and Construction syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Building Materials and Construction Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Building Materials and Construction Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Building Materials and Construction in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Building Materials and Construction Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Building Materials and Construction and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Building Materials and Construction Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Different types of structures such as load bearing structures,
- framed structures and composite structures,
- Introduction to different types of foundations: Stepped foundations, column footing, combined footing, under-reamed pile foundations
- Classification of materials, building materials symbols and requirements of building materials and products: functional, aesthetical and economical.
- Study of properties of materials-physical,
- mechanical, chemical,
- biological and other like durability,
- reliability, compatibility and economic characteristics
- quarrying, milling and surface finishing, preservative treatments
- bricks, roofing tiles, ceramic tiles, raw materials and manufacturing process.
- flooring tiles, paver blocks-raw materials and manufacturing process.
- Binder material: lime,
- cement: physical properties and manufacturing process,
- plaster of Paris- properties and uses.
- Mortar - ingredients, preparation and uses
- Types, constituents and uses.
- Materials used, design considerations, shuttering, centering and staging, scaffolding
- Type of floors, floor finishes and suitability.
- Type of roofs, wooden and steel trusses and roof covering
- Types and uses.
- Introduction to glass fibre reinforced plastic
- Varieties, defects in timber, preservative treatments and wood composites.
- Ferrous and non ferrous metals and alloys, aluminum, tin, zinc, nickel -
- types and uses and anti-corrosive treatment.
- systems of heating, air conditioning, ventilation, construction requirements.
- Characteristics of sound, reflection and absorption coefficient, acoustical defects, design and material.
- materials and methods.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 3 2007 to 2018