CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Types of Bridges, Selection of suitable type of bridge, aesthetics, economic span.
200.00 Design Loads and Their Distribution
- IRC loads, analysis of deck slab and IRC loads, Load distribution among longitudinal beams of a bridge, railway loading.
300.00 Design of Superstructure
- Design of balanced cantilever concrete bridge, design of prestressed concrete bridge, design of lattice girder railway bridge, introduction to design of RC Arch bridges and box bridges.
400.00 Design of Substructure
- Different types of foundations, their choice and methods of construction, design of well foundation, design of piers and abutments, various types of bearings and their suitability
500.00 Construction Methods
- Erection of bridge superstructure, cantilever construction.