CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Traditional and modern applications of biotechnology.
- Classi- fication of micro-organisms.
- Structure of cells, types of cells.
- Basic metabolism of cells.
- Growth media.
- Microbial growth kinetics.
200.00 Biological Polymers
- Lipids, Proteins, Amino acids, Nucleic acids, Carbohydrates, Macronutrients and micronutrients.
300.00 Enzyme Technology
- Nomenclature and classification of enzymes.
- Enzyme kinetics. Immobilization of enzymes.
- Industrial applications of enzymes.
400.00 Biotechnology in Health Care and Genetics
- Pharmaceuticals and bio-pharmaceuticals, antibiotics, vaccines and monoclonal antibodies, gene therapy.
- Industrial genetics, protoplast and cell fusion technologies, genetic engineering, Introduction to Bio-informatics.
- Potential lab biohazards of genetic engineering.
500.00 Applications of Biotechnology
- Biotechnology in agriculture, food and beverage industries, chemical industries, environment and energy sectors.
600.00 Product Recovery Operations
- Dialysis, Reverse osmosis, ultrafiltration, microfiltration, chromatography, electrophoresis, elecrodialysis, crystallization and drying.