University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Biotechnology: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Biotechnology syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Biotechnology Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Biotechnology Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Biotechnology in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Biotechnology Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Biotechnology and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Biotechnology Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Traditional and modern applications of biotechnology.
- Classi- fication of micro-organisms.
- Structure of cells, types of cells.
- Basic metabolism of cells.
- Growth media.
- Microbial growth kinetics.
- Lipids, Proteins, Amino acids, Nucleic acids, Carbohydrates, Macronutrients and micronutrients.
- Nomenclature and classification of enzymes.
- Enzyme kinetics. Immobilization of enzymes.
- Industrial applications of enzymes.
- Pharmaceuticals and bio-pharmaceuticals, antibiotics, vaccines and monoclonal antibodies, gene therapy.
- Industrial genetics, protoplast and cell fusion technologies, genetic engineering, Introduction to Bio-informatics.
- Potential lab biohazards of genetic engineering.
- Biotechnology in agriculture, food and beverage industries, chemical industries, environment and energy sectors.
- Dialysis, Reverse osmosis, ultrafiltration, microfiltration, chromatography, electrophoresis, elecrodialysis, crystallization and drying.