CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Biosensor and Diagnostics Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Biosensor and Diagnostics and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
100 Module 1
- Characteristics of Ideal Biosensors
- Basic measuring procedure
- Components of biosensors
- Advantages & Limitations
200 Module 2
- Biocatalysis based biosensors, Bioaffinity based biosensors & Microorganisms based biosensors, Biologically active material and analyte.
- Types of membranes used in biosensor constructions.
300 Module 3
- Various types of transducers, Principles and applications - Calorimetric, Optical, Potentiometric/ Amperometric, Conductrometric/ resistormetric.
400 Module 4
- Piezoelectric, Semiconductor, Impedimetric, Mechanical and molecular electronics based transducers, Chemiluminiscenebased biosensors.
500 Module 5
- Biosensors in clinical chemistry, Medicine and health care, Biosensors for veterinary, Agriculture and food, Low costbiosensor for industrial processes for online monitoring, Biosensors for environmental monitoring.