CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Module 1 Process and Bioprocess
- Material of construction for process and bioprocess plants.
- Mechanical design of process equipment.
- Design of cylindrical and spherical vessel under internal and external pressure.
- Selection and design of enclosures- flat plate, formed heads, torispherical and hemispherical heads, standard flanges and nozzles- classi- fication of flanges, flange thickness calculation, gasket selection and design, bolt selection and calculation (Numerical problems are not needed for design of flanges, gasket and nozzles)
- Design of heat exchange equipments for upstream and downstream operations in bioprocessing industries: Heat exchangers - process design (TEMA and IS 4503 standards) of double pipe, single pipe and multipass shell and tube heat exchangers.
200.00 Module 2 Introduction to Indian Standards for Storage Tanks and Their Use in Design of Process Vessel
- Storage vessels for volatile and non volatile liquids including unfired pressure vessels.
- Design of supports- Bracket, leg, saddle and skirt support and fixed roof and open roof tanks.
300.00 Module 3 Introduction to General Design Information for Bioprocess Plants
- Development of flowsheet, piping and instrumentation diagram and its description.
- General design consideration, optimum design
400.00 Module 4 Design of Distillation Column
- Detailed design and drawing of perforated plate distillation column.
- Absorption columns: Detailed design and drawing of perforated plate and packed towers.
500.00 Module 5 Design of Fermenters
- Design considerations for maintaining sterility of process streams and process equipments.
- Design of mechanically agitated fermenters and nonmechanically agitated (bubble column and air lift) fermenters.
600.00 Module 6 Design of Various Types of Evaporators Employed in Bioprocess Operation
- Evaporators- Standard vertical tube evaporator, single and multiple effect evaporators and forced circulation evaporator.
- Thermal sterilization systems in fermentation processes: batch and continuous thermal sterilizers.