CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Biomedical Instrumentation -2 Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Biomedical Instrumentation -2 and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
100 Generation of Bioelectric Potentials
- Basic cell physiology
- Pacemaker and Cardiac muscle.
200 Biophysical Signal Capture, Processing and Recording Systems (With Technical Specifications)
- Typical medical recording system and general design consideration.
- Sources of noise in low level recording circuits and their removal techniques.
- ECG, EMG, EEG, Electrode placement and Measuring techniques for EOG, ERG and Phonocardiography.
- Measurement of skin resistance.
300 Biofeedback Technique: Eeg, Emg
400 Patient Monitoring System
- Measurement of Heart Rate, Pulse rate, Blood pressure, Temperature and Respiration rate, Apnea Detector.
- Electrical Safety in Biophysical Measurements.
- Heart rate variability measurement and applications.
500 Arrhythmia and Ambulatory Monitoring Instruments
- Cardiac Arrhythmias, waveforms and interpretation from them.
- Stress test measurement.
- Ambulatory monitoring instruments-Holter monitor.
600 Point of Care Devices and Their Design Considerations for Homecare Devices
- Glucometer (kidney function)
- Disposable lung function test.
700 Foetal and Neonatal Monitoring System
- Methods of monitoring of Foetal Heart rate
- Incubator and Infant warmer.
- Non stress test monitoring.
800 Biotelemetry, Telemedicine Concepts and Its Application
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Biomedical Instrumentation -2 2011 to 2011
- Biostatistics 2011 to 2012
- Biological Modeling and Simulation 2011 to 2011
- Microcontrollers and Embedded Systems 2011 to 2011
- Medical Imaging-1 2011 to 2012
- Digital Signal Processing for Biomedical Applications 2011 to 2015