CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Force System
- Classification of force system.
- Equilibrium of force system.
200.00 Tissue Biomechanics
- Direct shear, bending and torque actions and the corresponding stresses and strains in biological tissues.
- Stress relaxation and creep.
- Bone structure & composition
- Mechanical properties of bone
- Fracture mechanism & crack propagation in bones.
- Soft connective (skin, tendon, ligaments, etc.) covering structure function, and physiological factors.
300.00 Movement Biomechanics
- Study of joints and movements.
- Anatomical levers
- Gait Analysis.
400.00 Joint Analysis
- Instrumentation for gait analysis: Measurement devices-footswitches, instrumented walkway
- Motion analysis- interrupted light photography, film/video, Selspot, Goniometers.
500.00 Principles in Designing Orthoses and Prostheses
- Principles of three point pressure, total contact, partial weight bearing.
600.00 Classification in Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Lower Extremity orthoses and prostheses
- Upper Extremity orthoses and prostheses
- Spinal orthoses.