CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Biological Modeling and Simulation Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Biological Modeling and Simulation and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
100 Physiological Modeling
- Steps in Modeling
- Purpose of Modeling
- Lumped parameter models
- Distributed parameter models
- Compartmental modeling
- Modeling of circulatory system
- Regulation of cardiac output and respiratory system.
200 Model of Neurons
- Biophysics tools
- Nernst Equation
- Donnan Equilibrium
- Active Transport ( Pump) GHK equation
- Action Potential
- Voltage Clamp
- Channel Characteristics
- Hodgkin- Huxley Conductance Equations
- Simulation of action potential
- Electrical Equivalent model of a biological membrane
- Impulse propagation- core conductor model , cable equations.
300 Neuromuscular System
- Modeling of skeletal muscle
- Mono and polysynaptic reflexes
- Stretch reflex
- Reciprocal innervations
- Two control mechanism
- Golgi tendon
- Experimental validation
- Parkinson’s syndrome.
400 Eye Movement Model
- Four eye movements
- Quantitative eye movement models
- Validity criteria.
500 Thermo Regulatory Systems
- Thermoregulatory mechanisms
- Model of thermoregulatory system
- Controller model
- Validation and application.
600 Modelling of Other Physiological Systems
- Modelling the Immune response: Behavior of the immune system, linearized model of the immune response.
- Modelling of Drug delivery systems.
- Modelling of Insulin Glucose feedback system and Pulsatile Insulin secretion.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Biomedical Instrumentation -2 2011 to 2011
- Biostatistics 2011 to 2012
- Biological Modeling and Simulation 2011 to 2011
- Microcontrollers and Embedded Systems 2011 to 2011
- Medical Imaging-1 2011 to 2012
- Digital Signal Processing for Biomedical Applications 2011 to 2015