CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Units and Topics
100 Basics of Miniaturization and Materials
- Dimensional effect on engineering systems
- Clean room classification
- Scaling Laws in Miniaturization
- MEMS & Micro system products
- Substrates and Wafers
- Properties of Silicon Compounds SiO2, Si3N4, Polysilicon, Amorphous silicon
- Polymers: Dielectric polymers, Conducting polymers, and piezoelectric polymers.
200 Mems Fabrication Processes
- Fabrication techniques in MEMS: Bulk micromachining, Surface micromachining, and LIGA.
- Cleaning processes: RCA, Piranha.
- Deposition processes for metals: e-beam evaporation, thermal evaporation and DC Sputter.
- Deposition processes for dielectrics: Physical (RF Sputter) and Chemical Techniques (CVD: APCVD, LPCVD, PECVD, and HWCVD).
- Polymers coating techniques: spinning, spraying and electrodeposition.
- Photolithography: light sources (UV, DUV, and EUV), photoresist, mask design and fabrication using EBL, dark and bright field photo-mask, different projection systems in lithography, detailed study of lithography process, study of fabrication processes like optical grating structure, SiO2 cantilever , SiNx cantilever and basics of EBL.
- Etching Processes : Dry (RIE, DRIE) and wet etching.
- Doping – ion implantation and diffusion.
- Soft lithography: Micro contact Printing, Imprinting or hot embossing, and Replica Molding.
- Surface characterization techniques: AFM, SEM, Profilometer, Elipsometer, Fluorimeter.
300 Micro Total Analysis Systems (µTas)
- Basic block diagram: importance of µ-TAS
- Flow techniques in µ-fluidics: pressure driven force, electro-kinematics; electroosmosis, electrophoresis, dielectrophoresis.
- Components in µ-TAS: Micropump, microvalves, microchannels.
- µ-TAS: separation and mixing techniques.
- Fabrication of micro-channels: SU8 channel, glass channel, silicon channel.
400 Micro/ Nano Biosensors
- Biosensor: definition, block diagram and working
- Classification based on the basis of detection techniques: Electric Magnetic, Optical, Thermal, Mechanical, and Chemical.
- Basic steps involved in the development of biosensors: surface modification, immobilization, integration with transducer.
- Examples: (i) Design, fabrication of SiO cantilever for antibody detection, (ii) Design, fabrication of Optical waveguide biosensor, (iii) Microfluidics based biosensor.
500 Drug Delivery Devices
- Overview of drug delivery systems
- Types of drug delivery systems
- Different parts of drug delivery system
- MEMS based drug delivery systems: Implantable drug delivery systems (IDDS), Micro needles and its fabrication, Micro particles for oral drug delivery.
600 Microsystem Packaging
- Importance of packaging
- Packaging materials
- Packaging techniques
- Wafer bonding.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Nuclear Medicine 2011 to 2011
- Bio Medical Microsystems 2011 to 2011
- Hospital Management 2011 to 2011