University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Autotronics: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Autotronics syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Autotronics Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Autotronics Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Autotronics in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Autotronics Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Autotronics and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Autotronics Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
|203||Integrated Starter and Alternator|
|301||Electronic Ignition System|
|302||Electronic Engine Controls|
|401||Sensors and Actuators|
|501||Automotive Lighting and Wiring Harness Systems.|
|601||Introduction to Automotive embedded system and Intelligent vehicle system. Telematics, X by wire, GPS etc.|
- Principle of operation,
- Working of Lead acid, alkaline, Zebra, Sodium Sulphur, Swing, batteries,
- Maintenance & testing of Lead acid battery.
- Introduction of Fuel Cells & fuel used
- Constructions and Operation of proton Exchange membrane
- Alkaline Fuel Cell.
- Medium & high temperature fuel cells,
- Transition from 12V to 42V electrical system,
- Need of 42V automotive electrical system.
- 42V automotive power system,
- Method of controlling 12V system in 42V architecture,
- Present developments in 42 volt technology
- Requirements of charging system
- Principle of operation
- Regulators, Combined current & voltage regulator etc.
- Principle of operation
- Rectification from AC to DC
- Requirements of starting system
- Various torque terms used
- Starter motors drives
- Folo through Barrel
- Rubber compression
- Compression spring
- Friction clutch
- Overrunning clutch
- Starter motor solenoids & switches
- Glow plugs
- Capacitor Discharge Ignition system
- Distributer less Ignition System
- Direct Ignition System,
- Hall Effect pulse generator
- Inductive pulse generator
- Constant dwell system
- Constant energy system
- Electronic control module (ECM)
- Operating modes of ECM (closed loop & open loop)
- Inputs required & output signals from ECM
- Electronic spark timing
- Electronic spark control
- Air management system
- idle speed control
- Automotive Sensors,
- Inductive Sensors,
- Position Sensors (Rotary, Linear)
- Pressure Sensors,
- Knock Sensor,
- Optical Sensor
- Hot wire & thin film air flow sensor,
- Turbine fluid flow sensors
- Light sensor,
- Methanol sensor
- Rain sensor operating principles
- Oxygen sensor
- Application & new developments in sensor technology
- Automotive Actuators
- Function & operating principle
- Construction & working of solenoid actuators,
- Motorized actuators,
- Thermal Actuators
- Electro hydraulic & Electrochemical Valve actuators,
- Application & new developments in the actuators technology.
- Stepper motors.
- Energy demand of lighting system
- Types of Lamps
- i. Head lamp: Construction & types. Setting & control
- ii. Fog Lamp
- iii. Side Lamp
- iv. Tail lamp
- v. Parking lamp
- vi. Brake warning light
- vii. Trafficators
- viii. Blinkers
- ix. Flashers
- x. Electronic flasher circuit
- xi. Instrument panel lights
- xii. Body interior illumination
- xiii. Adaptive lighting system.
- Reflectors: Parabolic, Bifocal, Homifocal, poly-ellipsoidal
- Gauges: Fuel, Temperature, Oil pressure etc.
- Accessories: Electric horn, wipers, Fuel pump, Power operated windows.
- Colors & color codes
- Multiplex wiring system
Question Papers For All Subjects
- CAD CAM CAE 2011 to 2018