CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Topics with syllabus and resources
1 Module 1
1.01 Calculus of Variation
- Euler Langrange equation.
- Solution of Euler‘s Langrange equation (only results for different cases for function) independent of a variable, independent of another variable, independent of differentiation of a variable and independent of both variables.
- Isoperimetric problems, several dependent variables.
1.02 Functions Involving Higher Order Derivatives
- Rayleigh-Ritz method
2 Module 2
2.01 Linear Algebra: Vector Spaces
2.02 Vectors in N-dimensional Vector Space
- Dot product
- Cross product
- Norm and distance properties in n-dimensional vector space.
- Metric spaces, vector spaces over real field
- Properties of vector spaces over real field, subspaces.
- Norms and normed vector spaces.
- Inner products and inner product spaces
- The Cauchy-Schwarz inequality, orthogonal Subspaces
- Gram-Schmidt Process.
3 Module 3
3.01 Linear Algebra: Matrix Theory
- Characteristic equation
- Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- Properties of Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- Cayley-Hamilton theorem, examples based on verification of CayleyHamilton theorem.
- Similarity of matrices
- Diagonalisation of matrix Functions of square matrix
- Derogatory and non-derogatory matrices Quadratic forms over real field
- Reduction of quadratic form to a diagonal canonical form
- rank, index, signature of quadratic form
- Sylvester‘s law of inertia
- value-class of a quadratic form of definite, semidefinite and indefinite Singular Value Decomposition.
4 Module 4
4.01 Complex Integration
- Line Integral
- Cauchy‘s Integral theorem for simply connected regions
- Cauchy‘s Integral formula
- Taylor‘s and Laurent‘s series.
4.02 Complex Variables
- Poles of f(z)
- Cauchy‘s Residue theorem
- Applications of Residue theorem to evaluate real Integrals of different types.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Discrete Electronic Circuits 2014 to 2018
- Applied Mathematics 4 2007 to 2018
- Fundamentals of Communation Engineering 2014 to 2018
- Electrical Machines 2014 to 2018
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics 2006 to 2014
- Electronic Circuit Analysis and Design 2006 to 2014
- Electronic and Electrical Measuring Instruments and Machine 2006 to 2014
- Digital System Design -2 2006 to 2014
- Basic of Analog and Digital Communication Systems 2009 to 2013
- Principles of Control Systems 2014 to 2017
- Microprocessor and Peripherals 2014 to 2018