CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Units and Topics
101 Brief Revision of Vectors Over a Real Field
- Brief revision of vectors over a real field, inner product, norm, Linear Dependance and Independence and orthogonality of vectors.
102 Characteristic Polynomial
- Characteristic polynomial,
- characteristic equation,
- characteristic roots and characteristic vectors of a square matrix,
- properties of characteristic roots and vectors of different types of matrices such as orthogonal matrix, Hermitian matrix, Skew-Hermitian matrix,
- Cayley Hamilton theorem ( without proof) Functions of a square matrix, Minimal polynomial and Derogatory matrix.
200 Vector Calculus
201 Brief Revision of Scalar and Vector Point Functions
- Brief revision of Scalar and vector point functions, Gradient, Divergence and curl.
202 Line Integrals, Surface Integrals, Volume Integrals
- Line integrals, Surface integrals, Volume integrals.
- Green’s theorem(without proof) for plane regions and properties of line integrals, Stokes theorem(without proof),
- Gauss divergence theorem (without proof) related identities and deductions.(No verification problems on Stoke’s Theorem and Gauss Divergence Theorem)
300 Non Linear Programming
301 Unconstrained Optimization
- Unconstrained optimization, problems with equality constraints Lagranges Multiplier method.
302 Problem with Inequality
Problem with inequality constraints Kuhn-Tucker conditions.
400 Probability Distributions
401 Discrete and Continuous Random Variables
- Discrete and Continuous random variables, Probability mass and density function,
- Probability distribution for random variables, Expected value, Variance.
402 Probability Distributions
- Binomial, Poisson and Normal Distributions. For detailed study.
500 Sampling Theory
501 Sampling Distribution
- Sampling distribution. Test of Hypothesis. Level of significance, critical region.
- One tailed and two tailed tests. Interval Estimation of population parameters.
- Large and small samples.
502 Test of Significance for Large Samples
- Test of significance for Large samples: Test for significance of the difference between sample mean and population means,
- Test for significance of the difference between the means of two samples.
503 Student’S T-distribution
- Student’s t-distribution and its properties.
- Test of significance of small samples: Test for significance of the difference between sample mean and population means,
- Test for significance of the difference between the means of two Samples, paired t-test.
504 Analysis of Variance(F-test)
- One way classification, Two-way classification(short-cut method)
505 Chi-square Distribution
- Chi-square distribution and its properties, Test of the Goodness of fit and Yate’s correction
600 Correlation and Regression
601 Correlation, Co-variance
- Correlation, Co-variance, Karl Pearson Coefficient of Correlation & Spearman’s Rank Correlation Coefficient (non-repeated & repeated ranks )
602 Regression Coefficients
- Regression Coefficients & lines of regression
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Surveying 2 2007 to 2018
- Applied Mathematics 4 2009 to 2018
- Structural Analysis 1 2007 to 2018
- Concrete Technology 2007 to 2018
- Building Design and Drawing 1 2007 to 2018
- Fluid Mechanics 2 2009 to 2018