CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- General principle- sedimentation velocity, sedimentation equilibrium
- Types of centrifuges, preparative and analytical centrifugation, differential centrifugation, density gradient methods
200.00 Chromatographic Techniques
- Introduction to chromatography, General principles
- Planar Chromatography: Thin layer chromatography, paper chromatography
- Column chromatography–columns, stationary phases. Packing of columns, application of sample, column development, fraction collection and analysis.
- Partition chromatography, Adsorption chromatography Affinity Chromatography, Ion Exchange Chromatography, Chromatofocussing, Size exclusion chromatography.
- Gas Chromatography, HPLC: Principle & Components: pumping systems, detectors systems
300.00 Electrokinetic Methods of Separation
- Electrophoresis: General principle, factors affecting electrophoresis – voltage, current, resistance, buffer, composition, concentration, pH.
- Agarose Gel electrophoresis
- SDS-PAGE - gradient gels
- Two dimensional gel electrophoresis
- Isoelectric focusing
- Capillary electrophoresis
- Spectroscopic Techniques; Beers Lamberts law, molar and extinction coefficient, limitations of Beers Lamberts law.
- Visible and UV Spectrophotometry; Principles, Instrumentation and applications
500.00 Radioisotopic Techniques
- Use of radioisotopes in life sciences, radioactive labeling, principle and application of tracer techniques
- Detection and measurement of radioactivity using ionization chamber, proportional chamber, Geiger-Muller and Scintillation counters, Autoradiography