CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Basic DC to DC Converters
- Buck Converter, Boost Converter, Buck – Boost , Continuous (CCM) and Discontinuous mode(DCM) of operation, boundary between CCM and DCM, CUK converter, introduction to SEPIC converter, Calculation of output voltage ripple, Numericals.
200.00 Switching Power Supplies
- Overview of switching power supplies, Isolated dc/dc converters, Transformer core utilization, - Fly back and Forward Converters– duty cycle derivation, waveforms, Comparison of converters, Numericals
300.00 Control Aspects
- Voltage mode control- PWM and feed forward control, Current mode control, Slope compensation, comparison of voltage and current mode control, Power supply protection, Electrical isolation in the feedback loop, Designing to meet power supply specifications, PI and Type III controllers.
400.00 Converter Design
- Selection of output filter capacitor, Selection and design of high frequency Inductor and high frequency transformer, Selection of switches, Snubber circuit design, PWM ICs, Design of driver circuits, Necessity of EMI filter, Thermal resistance , Selection of Heat sinks , Simple heat sink calculations.
500.00 Switched Mode Inverters
- Review of single phase and three phase bridge inverters, PWM techniques, Detailed analysis of sinusoidal PWM- Effect of ma and mf, Analysis of harmonic spectrum, Space vector modulation- switching sequence, duration of zero and active vectors, Introduction to multilevel inverters
- DC/DC converter as Power factor Corrector (active shaping of the line current), in Renewable energy systems , Applications of inverters in power systems, renewable energy systems, drives etc
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Control Systems 2 2007 to 2009