CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Waveform Generation Ic’S
- IC 555 Functional Block diagram, Circuit diagram.
- IC 555 in Astable Multivibrator(AMV) functional diagram, circuit diagram with application.
- C 555 in Monostable Multivibrator (MMV) functional diagram, circuit diagram with application.
- PLL ( IC 565 or equivalent) circuit diagram, and its applications.
- VCO(IC 566) Circuit diagram and its applications.
- Function Generator (IC 8038 or equivalent) Circuit diagram and its applications.
200.00 Special Function Ic’S
- F-V convertors and V-F convertors: Circuit diagram and its applications.
- Instrumentation Amplifier (AD 624 /AD 620) Circuit diagram and its applications.
- Monolithic Isolation Amplifier module.
- Opto-couplers and Opto-isolators.
- PWM (SG 3525 or equivalent) Circuit diagram and its applications.
300.00 Active Filters
- Frequency response, design of first order (LP, HP, BP) filter and applications.
- Frequency response, design of 2nd order (Chebyshev, Butterworth, Elliptical filters) LP, HP, BP, All pass, Notch, band reject.
- KRC filter.
- Capacitor filter, switched capacitor filter.
- Generalized Impedance Convertor (GIC).
400.00 Power Devices and Circuits
- SCR’s: Basic structure, characteristics, Two transistor and Operations. series and parallel connections of SCRs.
- DIAC and TRIAC: Basic Structure and characteristics, applications.
- UJT: Operation, characteristics, parameters and UJT as a relaxation oscillator.
- Power MOSFET : Device structure, equivalent circuit and characteristics.
500.00 Voltage Controllers and Regulators
- Analog switches, Relays : Basic Types
- Functional block diagram of Voltage Regulators.
- Types of voltage regulators: Fixed voltage regulators (78XX and 79XX), Adjustable voltage regulators, linear voltage regulator IC 723, Design of low voltage regulator and high voltage regulator using 723.
- Switching Mode Power Supply (SMPS).
600.00 Motors and Drivers
- Stepper, Servo, DC/AC Motors drivers and geared motors (Basic operation and application).