CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Units and Topics
100 Module 1
- Composition of dry ambient air Properties of air. Function of air, Definition of pollution.
- Classification of air pollutants. Units for Qualification of air pollution,History of air pollution, Global and national scope of the problem- general, urban, rural, specific.
200 Module 2
- Sources of air pollution natural and man-made Major pollutants from different sources in Greater Bombay area (or any metropolis of Maharashtra), Emission factors.
300 Module 3
- Effects of air and noise pollution on human health, plants ,animals, properties and visibility, indoor air pollution and personal exposure to air pollution , simple numerical problems based on COH, CoHb
400 Module 4
- Meteorological aspects of air pollution Large scale wind circulation geotropic wind, gradient wind, cyclone, anticyclone, planetary boundary layer.
- Lapse rate, stability conditions, wind velocity profile, maximum mixing depth, topographic effects.
500 Module 5
- Plum patterns, plum dispersion, Gaussian model for predicting concentration, downwind from a single source, diffusion coefficients, Turner’s stability categories and graphs for dispersion estimates.
- Maximum ground level concentration, inversion effects, distance touching ground modification of Gaussian model to predict particulate dispersion, plume rise, modified Holland equation for small source.
- ASME equation for large source, Brigg’s equation for buoyant plum rise, Brigg’s equation for momentum plum rise
600 Module 6
- Methods and instruments for sampling and analysis of air for stack and ambient air monitoring.
700 Module 7
- Government of India: air pollution laws.
- Indian standards- emission and air quality standards.
800 Module 8
- Control Devices Principles, operations and types, simple hoods and ducts. Settling chambers, cyclones, electrostatic precipitators (ESP), Filters,scrubbers, absorption towers and incinerators.
- Collection efficiencies for laminar and turbulent flows for settling chambers, particle cut size for cyclone, ESP Concept of frictional and overall efficiencies.
- Design criteria for filters, scrubbers, absorption towers and incinerators.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Environmental Engineering 2 2007 to 2018
- Limit State Method for Reinforced Concrete Structures 2011 to 2018
- Irrigation Engineering 2008 to 2018
- Quantity Survey Estimation and Valuation 2007 to 2018
- Construction Engineering 2008 to 2018