CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Adsorption Process
- Modern absorbent such as Activated carbon, molecular sieves of various types, Activated Alumina.
- Their characteristics and applications.
- Regeneration & Activation of absorbents.
- Thermal & pressure swing process.
- Fixed bed, Moving bed, stimulated moving bed and other processing schemes.
- Design of adsorption process for separation and purification.
- Industrial Examples
200.00 Foam Fractionation Process
- Foam Formation, coalescence, collapse and drainage phenomena Adsorption properties of foams.
- Modes of operation of foam fraction equipment.
- Principal of froth flotation, properties of foam relevant to the flotation equipment.
- Application of froth flotation to mineral processing, protein and enzyme separation, waste water treatment.
300.00 Liquid Chromatographic Process
- Basic concept of chromatography, phenomena and characterization.
- Various chromatography options.
- Typical Chromatographic separation systems for preparative chromatography.
- Equipment characteristics of solids, their selection for various applications.
- Column design and filling.
- Applications of chromatography in separation of enzymes and proteins.
- Industrial Examples.
400.00 Membrane Process
- Introduction to the membrane process,definition of membrane, importance, process.
- Characterization of membranes:- Characterization of porous membranes, characterization of ionic membranes, characterization of non-ionic membranes.
- Preparation of synthetic membranes.
- Preparation of phase inversion membranes.
- Preparation techniques for immersion precipitation, preparation techniques for composite membranes, influence of various parameters on membrane morphology, preparation of inorganic membranes.
- Transport process in membrane driving force, transport through porous membranes, transport through non- porous membranes and transport in ion-exchange membranes.
- Polarization phenomenon and fouling concentration polarization, characteristic flux behaviour in pressure driven membrane preparation, various models, temperature polarization, membrane fouling, methods to reduce fouling.
- Modules and process design plate, and frame, spiral wound, tubular, capillary, hollow fibre modules and their comparison, system design.