University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Separation Technology: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Separation Technology syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Separation Technology Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Separation Technology Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Separation Technology in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Separation Technology Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Separation Technology and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Advanced Separation Technology Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Modern absorbent such as Activated carbon, molecular sieves of various types, Activated Alumina.
- Their characteristics and applications.
- Regeneration & Activation of absorbents.
- Thermal & pressure swing process.
- Fixed bed, Moving bed, stimulated moving bed and other processing schemes.
- Design of adsorption process for separation and purification.
- Industrial Examples
- Foam Formation, coalescence, collapse and drainage phenomena Adsorption properties of foams.
- Modes of operation of foam fraction equipment.
- Principal of froth flotation, properties of foam relevant to the flotation equipment.
- Application of froth flotation to mineral processing, protein and enzyme separation, waste water treatment.
- Basic concept of chromatography, phenomena and characterization.
- Various chromatography options.
- Typical Chromatographic separation systems for preparative chromatography.
- Equipment characteristics of solids, their selection for various applications.
- Column design and filling.
- Applications of chromatography in separation of enzymes and proteins.
- Industrial Examples.
- Introduction to the membrane process,definition of membrane, importance, process.
- Characterization of membranes:- Characterization of porous membranes, characterization of ionic membranes, characterization of non-ionic membranes.
- Preparation of synthetic membranes.
- Preparation of phase inversion membranes.
- Preparation techniques for immersion precipitation, preparation techniques for composite membranes, influence of various parameters on membrane morphology, preparation of inorganic membranes.
- Transport process in membrane driving force, transport through porous membranes, transport through non- porous membranes and transport in ion-exchange membranes.
- Polarization phenomenon and fouling concentration polarization, characteristic flux behaviour in pressure driven membrane preparation, various models, temperature polarization, membrane fouling, methods to reduce fouling.
- Modules and process design plate, and frame, spiral wound, tubular, capillary, hollow fibre modules and their comparison, system design.