Topics with syllabus and resources
- Need for strengthening due to various reasons such as ageing,
- natural calamities, increase of load,
- change of function and design, construction errors
- Strengthening and retrofitting of columns, beams, walls, footings and slabs, piers of concrete structures by jacketing, external posttensioning, replacing or adding reinforcement, plate bonding, textile reinforced concrete.
Electrochemical repair using re-alkalization and chloride extraction techniques, Specialized repairs for chemical disruption, fire, marine exposure etc, Repair of damaged structures of water retaining structures, hydraulic structures, Pavements and Runways, Tunne Bridges, Piers and Flyovers, Parking Garages, Underwater repair, Masonary Repair, Repair and Restoration of Heritage Structures
- Fiber reinforced concrete, Ultra-high performance fibre reinforced concrete (UHPFRC), Fiber reinforced composites, Carbon fibre reinforced polymer (CFRP), Fibre wrapping (Carbon, Aramide, Glass)
- Seismic strengthening of existing RC structures,
- Use of FRP for retrofitting of damaged structures.