CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Introduction to Process Integration, Alternative Processes, Process Synthesis, Process Analysis, Process Integration.
200.00 Overall Mass Targeting
- Targeting for Minimum Discharge of Waste, Targeting for Minimum Fresh Material Utilities, Mass-Integration Strategies for Attaining Targets.
300.00 Graphical Techniques for Direct-recycle Strategies
- Introduction, Source-Sink Mapping Diagram and Lever-Arm Rule, Selection of Sources, Sinks, and Recycle Routes, Direct REcycle Targets Through Material Recycle Pinch Diagram, Multi-component Source-Sink Mapping Diagram
400.00 Synthesis of Mass Exchange Networks (A Graphical Approach)
- Design of Individual Mass Exchangers, Cost Optimization of Mass Exchangers, Synthesis of Mass Exchange Networks, Mass Exchange Pinch Diagram, Screening of Multiple External MSAs.
500.00 Mass Integration Strategies
- Low/No Cost Strategies, Most Changes in Operating Conditions and Process Variables, medium-Cost Strategies and Main Technology Changes.
600.00 Algebraic Approach to Targeting Direct Recycle
- Algebraic Targeting Approach, Algebraic Targeting Procedure, The Composition Interval Diagram, Table of Exchangeable Loads, Mass Exchange Cascade Diagram, Example of Cleaning of Aqueous Waste.
700.00 Recycle Strategies Using Property Integration Contents
- Property Based Material Recycle Pinch Diagram, Process Modifi- cation, Clustering Techniques for Multiple Properties, Cluster Based Source Sink Mapping, Design Rules, Multiplicity, Clusters and Mass Fractions, Examples.
800.00 Mathematical Approach
- Problem Statement and Representation, Formulation of Optimization Models, Interaction between Direct Recycle and the Process, Synthesis of MENs.