CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Advanced SISO Control Strategies
- Cascade Control, Time Delay Compensation, Inferential Control, Selective Control/Override Systems, Nonlinear Control Systems, Adaptive control Systems
200.00 Digital Sampling Filtering and Control
- Sampling and Signal Reconstruction, Signal Processing and Data Filtering, z-Transform Analysis for Digital Control, Tuning of Digital PID Controllers, Direct Synthesis for Design of Digital Controllers, Minimum Variance Control.
300.00 Multiloop and Multivariable Control
- Process and Control Loop Interactions, Pairing of Control and Manipulated Variables, Singular Value Analysis, Tuning of Multi-loop PID Control Systems, Decoupling and Multivariable Strategies, Strategies for Reducing Control Loop Interactions.
400.00 Model Predictive Control
- Overview of Model Predictive Control, Predictions for SISO Models, Predictions for MIMO Models, Model Predictive Control Calculations, Set Point Calculations, Selection of Design and Tuning Parameters, Implementation of MPC.
500.00 Batch Process Control
- Batch Control Systems, Sequential and Logic Control, Control During The Batch, Run-to-Run Control.
600.00 Introduction to Plantwide Control
- Plantwide Control Issues, Hypothetical Plant for Plantwide Control Studies, Internal Feedback of Material and Energy, Interaction of Plant and Control System Design.
700.00 Plantwide Control System Design
- Procedures for the Design of Plantwide Control Systems.
- A Systematic Procedure for Plantwide Control System Design.
- Case Study:- The Reactor/Flash Unit Plant, Effect of Control Structure on Closed Loop Performance.
800.00 Optimal Control
- Introduction to Optimal Control, Batch Process Optimisation.