CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Advanced Metallic Material
- Stainless steels:- Types, properties of stainless steel, corrosion resistance and selection of stainless steel, failure of stainless steel.
- High Temperature Alloys:- Properties and types.
- Titanium Alloys and Cobalt - Chromium Alloys:- composition, properties and applications, Nitinol as Shape memory alloy and its application
200.00 Advanced Polymeric Material
- Structure, preparation and application of various conducting polymers, high temperature polymers and liquid crystal polymers, Biomedical application of polymers such as hydrogels, polyethylene, polyurethanes, polyamides and silicone rubber.
300.00 Ceramic Material
- Properties of ceramic material, classification of ceramic material, ceramic crystal structures.
- Behaviour of ceramic material:- dielectric, semiconductor, ferroelectric, magnetic, mechanical behaviour
- Preparation and application of ceramic material:- Alumina, partially stabilized zirconia, Sialon, Silicon Nitride, Silica Carbide Processing of ceramics.
400.00 Composite Materials and Fiber Reinforcement Plastic Processing
401.00 Composite Materials
- Necessity of composite material, classification of composite material, types of matrix and reinforcement, Reinforcement mechanism, choosing material for matrix and reinforcement
402.00 Fiber Reinforcement Plastic Processing
- Open moulding and closed moulding
- Carbon Composites:- fabrication and properties
500.00 Metal and Ceramic Composites
501.00 Metal Composites
- Advantages of metal composite over metal, types of reinforcement and matrix fabrication types, various fabrication process, mechanical behavior and properties
502.00 Ceramic Composites
- Matrices and reinforcement, mechanical properties, fabrication methods.
600.00 Carbon Nanotube, Nanoshells, Nanosensors and Thin Film Coatings
- Carbon Nanotube:- Synthesis, properties and applications.
- Nanoshells:- Types, properties and applications.
- Nanosensors:- Assembly methods, nanosensors based on optical, quantum size, electrochemical and physical properties.
- Thin film coatings:- Physical and chemical vapour deposition coatings, hardfacing, thermal spraying, diffusion process, useful material for appearance, corrosion and wear.