University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Advanced Material: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 6 (TE Third Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Advanced Material syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Advanced Material Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Advanced Material Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Advanced Material in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Advanced Material Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Advanced Material and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Advanced Material Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Stainless steels:- Types, properties of stainless steel, corrosion resistance and selection of stainless steel, failure of stainless steel.
- High Temperature Alloys:- Properties and types.
- Titanium Alloys and Cobalt - Chromium Alloys:- composition, properties and applications, Nitinol as Shape memory alloy and its application
- Structure, preparation and application of various conducting polymers, high temperature polymers and liquid crystal polymers, Biomedical application of polymers such as hydrogels, polyethylene, polyurethanes, polyamides and silicone rubber.
- Properties of ceramic material, classification of ceramic material, ceramic crystal structures.
- Behaviour of ceramic material:- dielectric, semiconductor, ferroelectric, magnetic, mechanical behaviour
- Preparation and application of ceramic material:- Alumina, partially stabilized zirconia, Sialon, Silicon Nitride, Silica Carbide Processing of ceramics.
- Necessity of composite material, classification of composite material, types of matrix and reinforcement, Reinforcement mechanism, choosing material for matrix and reinforcement
- Open moulding and closed moulding
- Carbon Composites:- fabrication and properties
- Advantages of metal composite over metal, types of reinforcement and matrix fabrication types, various fabrication process, mechanical behavior and properties
- Matrices and reinforcement, mechanical properties, fabrication methods.
- Carbon Nanotube:- Synthesis, properties and applications.
- Nanoshells:- Types, properties and applications.
- Nanosensors:- Assembly methods, nanosensors based on optical, quantum size, electrochemical and physical properties.
- Thin film coatings:- Physical and chemical vapour deposition coatings, hardfacing, thermal spraying, diffusion process, useful material for appearance, corrosion and wear.