CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Review of Light, Color and Photometry: Laws of illumination, illumination entities. Radiometric and photometric standards, Photometric measurement procedure- assessment of lamp efficacy, Color temperature, ColorimetryMeasurement of CRI, Glare.
200.00 Lamps and Luminaries
- Lamp: Review of development, construction and characteristics: Incandescent lamp, Discharge lamps: fluorescent lamps, CFL, mercury vapor, sodium vapor, metal halide, induction lamp, and LED lamp.
- Luminaire: optical control, Control gear: ballast, standard and electronic, Luminaries photometry, Luminaire testing procedures.
300.00 Interior Lighting Design and Calculation
- Objectives, quality and quantity of lighting. Lamp /Luminaire selection and placement, design considerations and calculation. Glare Consideration and control.
- Indoor lighting design by lumen method, by point by point method. Applications: residential, educational institute, industries, sports centers, commercial premises: retail stores, offices etc. Applicable standards.
400.00 Exterior Lighting Design and Calculation
- Exterior lighting system- Road lighting system, Utility area lighting, Sports lighting, Decorative flood lighting. Applicable standards.
500.00 Lighting Control
- Introduction to Lighting Control, Controls, Selection of Lighting Controls, Design of Lighting Control Scheme, Lighting and LEED, Lighting Controls and the ASHRAE/IES 90.1-1999, Personal Lighting Control, Day-lighting control, Lighting control for Fluorescent Lamps and Electronic Ballasts in Frequently Switched Applications, Linear Fluorescent Dimming Ballasts, Dimming of High-Intensity Discharge Lamps, Controlling LED Lighting Systems, Smart Lighting Fixtures Digital Lighting Networks, DMX control, BACnet: Building Automation Standard Protocol,:
600.00 Solid-state Lighting
- LED as a light source, color quality of Light, efficacy evaluation, thermal Management, drivers for LED lamps, Lighting Control, Protocol, standards and regulations, LED luminaries, Indoor Lighting Applications, Street & Roadway Lighting, Outdoor Utility Area, and Solar Powered LED Lighting.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Control Systems 2 2007 to 2009