CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Introduction to Steel Structure
- Introduction to type of steel, mechanical properties of Structural steel, advantages of steel as structural material, design philosophies of Working Stress Method (WSM ) and Limit state method
200.00 Moment Resistant Beam End Connections
- Design of moment resistant bolted and welded beam end connections by limit state method.
300.00 Round Tubular Structural Members
- Properties of steel tubes, design of tension member and compression members,
- design of welded connections,
- design of flexural members,
- analysis and design of tubular trusses including purlins and supports.
400.00 Elevated Steel Tanks and Stacks
- Loads acting on tanks including wind and earthquake,
- design of circular tanks with hemispherical and conical bottom,
- supporting ring beam, staging for circular tanks including design of columns and foundation,
- design of rectangular steel tanks including design of staging, columns and foundation.
500.00 Gantry Girder
- Loads acting on gantry girder, Analysis of gantry girder, design of gantry girder by limit state method.
600.00 Lattice Tower
- Different configuration of lattice towers, loads acting on lattice towers, Analysis of lattice tower, design of lattice tower including welded or riveted connections for members by limit state method.
700.00 Steel Chimney
- Forces acting on chimney, design of self-supporting welded and bolted chimney and components including design of foundation.