Topics with syllabus and resources
- Characteristics and complexities, methods statement for major activities like excavation, concreting, steel fabrication and erection for projects like earthen dams, hydropower projects, nuclear power plant, refineries and other industrial projects etc.
- Excavation in various types of soils, selection of equipment, safety measures in excavation, drainage in excavation.
- Selection of equipment for batching, mixing, transporting, placing andcompacting for various types of jobs, safety measures during concreting,
- Special concretes and mortars: preplaced aggregate concrete, roller compacted concrete, grouting.
- Planning for pre-casting, selection of equipment for fabrication, transport and erection, quality measures, safety measures during erection.
- Planning for field operations, selection of equipment and erection tools, tools and methods of welding, tools and methods of cutting and joining, bridge erection, quality measures, safety measures during fabrication and erection.
pecific issues related to planning, site layouts, equipment selection and pre-project activities for large size construction projects like earthen dams, concrete dams, thermal power stations, nuclear power stations, light houses, airports and ports, bridges.
- Information related to special equipment and their applications to Offshore construction, underground utility construction.