Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education Syllabus For Class 4th Mathematics: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Class 4th. Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education Class 4th Mathematics syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Class 4th Mathematics Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education Class 4th Mathematics Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Class 4th Mathematics in addition to this.
Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education Class 4th Mathematics Revised Syllabus
Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education Class 4th Mathematics and their Unit wise marks distribution
Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education Class 4th Mathematics Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
|I||Term - 1|
|II||Term - 2|
|III||Term - 3|
Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education Class 4th Mathematics Syllabus for Term - 1
- Two Dimensional Shapes
- Properties of 2D Shaped objects
- Draw 2D shapes in freehand with geometry tools
- How to Draw a Circle Using a Compass
- Concept of Circle - Centre, Radius, Diameter, Arc, Sector, Chord, Segment, Semicircle, Circumference, Interior and Exterior, Concentric Circles
- Perimeter of a Rectangle
- Perimeter of Squares
- Perimeter of Triangles
- Perimeter of Polygon
- Creating Objects by Combining Different 2d Shapes
- Three Dimensional Shapes
- Number Sequence Upto 10,000
- Concept of Even and Odd Number
- Expansion Form of Numbers
- Compare Numbers in Ascending and Descending Order
- Compare Number by Forming Numbers from a Given Digits
- Addition and Subtraction
- Addition of four-digit numbers using regrouping
- Subtraction without Regrouping.
- Subtraction with Regrouping.
- Understand Relationship Between Metre and Centimetre.
- Conversion of Metre into Centimetre.
- Conversion of Centimetre into Metre.
- Addition and Subtraction of Standard Measurement
- Addition without Regrouping
- Addition with Regrouping
- Subtraction without Regrouping
- Subtraction with Regrouping
- Solving Problem Involving Length and Distances
- Concept of Estimation
Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education Class 4th Mathematics Syllabus for Term - 2
- Multiplication by Lattice Algorithm ( up to 2 Digit Number by 2 Digit Number and 3 Digit Number by Single Digit Number)
- Able to do elementary multiplication of 2 digits by 2 digits and 3 digits by single-digit numbers using lattice algorithm and the standard (column) algorithm.
Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education Class 4th Mathematics Syllabus for Term - 3
- Iterative Patterns in Shapes
- Able to draw circles, spirals, ovals.
- To differentiate and to compares the shapes drawn.
- To explore visual examples of repeating patterns.
- Division: (Up to 4 Digit Number by Single Digit Number)
- To divide a given number by another number in various ways.
- Division of three-digit number by one digit number: Division without remainder, Division with the remainder
- Divide 4 digit numbers by one-digit number: Divide without remainder
- To frame word problems (using four operations)
- To Estimate Sum Or Difference
- Estimating Products of Numbers
- Mental Arithmetic
- Able to add and subtract multiples of 10 and 100 mentally.
- Complete multiplication facts by adding partial products mentally.
- Estimate the Duration of Familiar Events
- Can You Compute the Number of Days Between Two Given Dates
- Finding the day in the previous or upcoming week.
- Computing the number of days between two given dates
- Use Calendar (Interlinking with Patterns)
- Symbolic Representation of Simple Fraction
- Identify half, one fourth, and three-fourths of a whole.
- Identifies the symbols `1/4, 1/2, 3/4`
- Understanding the equivalences of `2/4 and 1/2 and of 2/2, 3/3, 4/4 and 1`.