Topics with syllabus and resources
1.00 Forms of Business Organizations
- Concept of Sole Proprietorship Or Sole Trader
- Meaning and Features of Sole Proprietorship Or Sole Trader
- Merits of Sole Proprietorship Or Sole Trader
- Limitations of Sole Proprietorship Or Sole Trader
- Hindu Undivided Family Business or Joint Hindu Family Business
- Meaning and Features of Hindu Undivided Family Business
- Concept of Partnership
- Registration of a Partnership Firm
- Types of Partners
- Partner by estoppel
- Concept of Cooperative Societies
- Meaning and Features of Cooperative Societies
- Types of Cooperative Societies
- Merits of Cooperative Societies
- Limitations of Cooperative Societies
- Concept of Company
- Meaning and Features of Company
- Types of Company - Public
- Types of Company - Private
- Merits of Company
- Limitations of Company
- Basic Factors of Starting a Business
- Choice of Form of Business Organization
- Sole proprietorship, Joint Hindu Family Business – meaning, features, merits and demerits.
- Partnership – meaning, types, registration, merits, limitations, types of partners.
- Co – Operative societies – types, merits and limitations.
- Company – Private Ltd, Public Ltd – merits, limitations.
- Starting a business – Basic factors.
- Choice of forms of business organizations.
2.00 Business Services
- Meaning of Business Services
- Types of Business Services
- Banking - Types of Bank
- Function of Commercial Banks
- Banking Services with Particular Reference - E-banking
- Concept of Insurance
Meaning of Insurance
Principles of Insurance :
- utmost good faith
- insurable interest
- doctrine of subrogation
- causa proxima
- mitigation of loss
Types of Insurance - Fire
Types of Insurance - Life
Types of Insurance - Marine
- Concept of Postal Service
- Meaning of Mail
- Meaning of Registered Post
- Meaning of Parcel
- Meaning of Speed Post
- Meaning of Courier
- Concept of Telecom Services
- Meaning of Cellular Mobile services
- Meaning of Radio Paging services
- Meaning of Fixed line services
- Meaning of Castle services
- Meaning of VSAT Services
- Meaning of DTH Services
- Concept of Warehousing
- Function of Warehousing
- Types of Warehousing
- Meaning of Transport
- Role of Transport
- Nature and types of Business services – Banking, Insurance, Transportation, Warehousing, communication.
- Banking – types of banks, functions of commercial banks, E – banking.
- Insurance – principles & types of life, fire, marine insurances.
- Postal and Telecom services.
- Warehousing – types and functions.
- Transport – meaning, role, means.
3.00 Emerging Modes of Business
- Concept of E-business
- Resources Required for Successful E-business Implementation
- Security and Safety of Business Transactions
- Concept of Outsourcing
- Meaning and Features of Outsourcing
- Need of Outsourcing
- Scope of Outsourcing
- Online Transaction
- Payment Mechanism
- E – business – Meaning, Scope and benefits. Resource required for successful E –Business implementation.On – line transactions, payment mechanism.
- Security and safety of business transactions.
- Outsourcing – Concept, need and scope.
4.00 Social Responsibilities of Business and Business Ethics.
- Concept of Social Responsibility
- Case of Social Responsibility
- Responsibility Towards - Owners
- Responsibility Towards - Investors
- Responsibility Towards - Consumers
- Responsibility Towards - Employees
- Responsibility Towards - Government
- Responsibility Towards - Community
- Responsibility Towards - Public in General
- Meaning of Environment Protection and Business
- Concept of Business Ethics
- Meaning and Features of Business Ethics
- Elements of Business Ethics
- Role of Environment Protection and Business
- Concept of social responsibility.
- Cases for social responsibility.
- Responsibility towards different interest groups, owners, investors, employees, consumers, government, community, public in general.
- Business ethics – concept and elements.
- Business and environmental protection.
5.00 Consumer Protection
- Concept of Consumer Protection
- Meanng and Features of Consumer Protection
- Importance of Consumer Protection
- Rights and Responsibilities of Consumers
- Consumer Protection Act 1986
- Legal Redressal Machinery Under Consumer Protection Act 1986
- Role of Consumer Organizations and Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Consumer Awareness
- Importance of consumer protection.
- Rights of consumers.
- Consumer responsibilities.
- Ways and means of consumer protection.
- Consumer awareness and legal redressal with special reference to Consumer Protection Act.
- Role of Consumer Organization and NGOS.
6.00 Principles of Management
- Concept of Principles of Management
Meaning and Features of Principles of Management
- Significance of Principles of Management
- Fayol’s Principles of Management
- Principles of Taylor’s Scientific Management
- Techniques of Taylor’s Scientific Management
- Principles of Management – meaning, nature and significance.
- Fayol’s Principles of Management.
- Taylor’s scientific management – Principles and Techniques.
7.00 Functions of Management
- Management Functions
- Planning - Concept and Importance of Planning
- Controlling - Concept and Importance of Controlling
- Coordination - Concept and Importance of Coordination
- Directing - Concept and Importance of Directing
- Organizing - Concept and Importance of Organizing
- Staffing - Concept and Importance of Staffing
- Planning – Meaning, Nature, Importance.
- Organizing – Meaning, Nature, Importance.
- Staffing – Meaning, Nature, Importance.
- Directing – Meaning, Nature, Importance.
- Controlling – Meaning, Nature, Importance.
- Co – ordinating – Meaning, Nature, Importance.
8.00 Entrepreneurship Development
- Concept of Entrepreneurship Development
- Meaning and features of Entrepreneurship Development
- Function of Entrepreneurship Development
- Need of Entrepreneurship Development
- Characteristics of Entrepreneurship
- Competencies of Entrepreneurship
- Process of Entrepreneurship Development
- Entrepreneurship Value
- Meaning and Concept of Entrepreneurship Value Attitudes
- Meaning and Concept of Entrepreneurship Value Motivation
- Concept, Functions and Need.
- Entrepreneurship: Characteristics and Competencies.
- Process of entrepreneurship development.
- Entrepreneurship Values: Attitudes and Motivation- Meaning and concept.
Books For All Subjects
- Micheal Vaz Class 12 Organisation of Commerce and Management
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English 2008 to 2019
- Secretarial Practice 2008 to 2018
- Organisation of Commerce and Management 2008 to 2018
- Economics 2008 to 2018
- Book Keeping and Accountancy 2008 to 2018
- Mathematics and Statistics 2014 to 2018
- Co-operation 2009 to 2011
- Mathematics and Statistics 2008 to 2012
- Mathematics and Statistics 2008 to 2012