Topics with syllabus and resources
Angles made by a transversal :
- Corresponding angles
- Interior angles
- Alternate angles
- Properties of Angles Formed by Two Parallel Lines and a Transversal
Properties of angles formed by two parallel lines and a transversal :
- Property of corresponding angles
- Property of alternate angles
- Property of interior angles
- To Draw a Line Parallel to the Given Line
Construction (I) : To draw a line parallel to the given line through a point outside the given line using set - square.
Construction (II) : To draw a parallel line to a given line at a given distance.
- Construction of a Quadrilateral
Construction of a quadrilateral
- To construct a quadrilateral if the lengths of four sides and a diagonal is given.
- To construct a quadrilateral if three sides and two diagonals are given.
- To construct a quadrilateral if two adjacent sides and any three angles
- To construct a quadrilateral if three sides and two angles included by them
- Some Special Parallelograms
- Concept of a Rectangle
- Property: The diagonals of a rectangle are of equal length
- Concept of a Square
- Property: The diagonals of a square are perpendicular bisectors of each other.
- Concept of a Rectangle
- Kinds of Quadrilaterals
- Types of Quadrilaterals
- Congruence of Triangles
- Properties of Congruent Triangle
- ASA Test
- SAS Test
- SSS Test
- Hypotenuse Side Test
- Corresponding angles of congruent triangles
- Conept of Compound Interest
I = `"PNR"/100`.
In this formula I = Interest, P = Principal, N = Number of years and R = Rate of interest at p.c.p.a.
For more information :
1. Some times the interest is calculated at an interval of six months. For the duration of N years, if rate is R and if the interest to be calculated six monthly then the rate is to be taken as `R/2` and the duration is considered as 2N stages of six months.
2. Many banks charge the compound interest monthly. At that time they take the interest rate as `R/12` monthly and the duration is taken 12 x N stages of months and interest is calculated.
3. Now a days banks calculate compound interest daily.
- Application of Formula for Compound Interest
- Properties of Chord of a Circle
- The perpendicular drawn from the centre of a circle to its chord bisects the chord.
- The segment joining the centre of a circle and midpoint of its chord is perpendicular to the chord.
- Arcs Corresponding to the Chord of a Circle
Congruent arcs :
If the measures of two arcs of circle are same then two arcs are congruent.
Books For All Subjects
- Balbharati Class 8 Mathematics