Units and Topics
101 Acids and Bases
- Acids, Bases and Salts: General properties, examples and uses.
102 Chemical Reactions
- Types of chemical reactions: combination, decomposition, displacement double decomposition, precipitation, and neutralization.
103 Oxidation and Reduction
- Oxidation and Reduction in terms of gain and loss of oxygen and hydrogen.
104 Metals and Non-metals
- Brief discussion on basic metallurgical processes. Properties of common metals. Elementary idea about bonding
105 Carbon Compounds
- Elementary idea about bonding. Saturated hydrocarbons, alcohols, carboxylic acids (properties only)
106 Common Chemicals Used in Daily Life
- Soap, common salt, Washing soda, Baking soda, bleaching powder, Plaster of Paris
107 Classification of Elements
- Brief historical account, Mendeleev's periodic table, gradation in properties.
200 The World of the Living
201 Life Processes
- Definition of "Living things". Basic concept of nutrition, respiration, transport and excretion in plants and animals.
202 Control in the Living
- Tropic movements in plants .
- Introduction to plant hormones;
- control and coordination in animals;
- voluntary, involuntary and reflex action, nervous system, chemical coordination, animal hormones.
203 Reproduction in the Living
- Reproduction in plants and animals.
- Need for and methods of family planning.
- Safe Sex vs-. HIV/AIDS. Child bearing and women's health.
204 Heredity and Evolution
- Heredity, origin of life- brief introduction, Basic concepts of evolution.
300 Moving Things
People and Ideas
301 Electric Circuits
- Potential and potential difference.
- Ohm's Law, Resistances in series and parallel.
- Power dissipated due to current.
- Inter relation between P, V, I and R.
- Magnetic field, field lines.
- Field due to a current carrying wire, coil, solenoid.
- Force on current carrying conductor.
- Fleming's Left Hand Rule.
- Electric motor, electromagnetic induction.
- Induced potential differences, induced current.
- Electric generator, principle and working.
- Direct and Alternating current.
- Frequency of AC.
- Advantages of AC over DC.
- Domestic Electric Circuits.
400 Natural Phenomena
- Convergence and Divergence of Light.
402 Spherical Mirrors
- Images formed by a concave mirror.
- Related concepts: centre of curvature, principal axis, optical centre, focus, focal length.
- appreciation of the concept of refraction.
- Laws of refraction.
- Velocity of light. Refractive index;
- twinkling of stars;
- dispersion of light.
- Scattering of light.
- Images formed by a convex lens;
- functioning of the lens in the human problems of vision and their remedies.
- Application of spherical mirrors and lenses.
501 Types of Pollution
- air, water, (fresh and marine), soil, radiation, and noise.
502 Sources of Pollution and Major Pollutants, Oil Spills
503 Effect of Pollution on -environment, Human Health and Other Organisms
504 Abatement of Pollution
600 Striving for a Better Environment
601 Use of Efficient and Eco-friendly Technology
602 Sustainable Use of Resources
603 Enforcement of Acts, Laws and Policies
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Hindi (Second/Third Language) [हिंदी (दूसरी/तीसरी भाषा)] 2008 to 2019
- English 2008 to 2019
- Hindi - Composite [हिंदी - संयुक्त] 2008 to 2019
- Information Communication Technology 2014 to 2014
- Algebra 2008 to 2020
- Geometry 2008 to 2020
- Science and Technology 2008 to 2020
- Science and Technology 2008 to 2019
- History and Political Science 2014 to 2020
- Geography 2008 to 2020
- Marathi (Second Language) [मराठी (द्वितीय भाषा)] 2014 to 2019
- Science and Technology 2013 to 2015
- History and Political Science 2008 to 2012