Maharashtra State Board Syllabus For 11th Geology: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of 11th. Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The Maharashtra State Board 11th Geology syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the 11th Geology Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the Maharashtra State Board 11th Geology Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for 11th Geology in addition to this.
Maharashtra State Board 11th Geology Revised Syllabus
Maharashtra State Board 11th Geology and their Unit wise marks distribution
Maharashtra State Board 11th Geology Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Definition, importance and Interdisciplinary nature
- Branches of Geology
- The earth as a planet, Origin of the earth. Distribution and evolution of continents and oceans, Major internal structure of the earth-crust, mantle and core
- Weathering – types, erosion, denudation and deposition
- Soil : formation and classification
- Geological action : Running water, Glaciers, Wind, Sea waves, Ground water
- Organizations with reference to location and functions – DGM, GSDA, GSI, ONGC, NIO, ISRO, CGWB, IBM, AMD
- Definition of Mineral, Crystal, Chemical – composition and Physical properties of minerals, - such as Colour, Streak, Lustre, Cleavage, Fracture, Hardness, Form, Specific– Gravity, Radioactivity, Electricity, Magnetism
- Study of rock forming mineral groups as
- Feldspar group - Orthoclase
- Silica group - Rock crystal,, Amethyst, Agate,Opal
- Amphibole group - Hornblende
- Pyroxene group - Hypersthene
- Mica group Muscovite
- Olivine group - Olivine
- Other minerals - Calcite, Stilbite, Apophyllite
- Definition of rock, Three fold classification of rocks as – igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic.
- Igneous rocks – Definition, classification plutonic, hypabyssal and volcanic. Study of Granite, Gabbro, Dunite, Pegmatite, Dolerite, Rhyolite and Basalt.
- Sedimentary rocks – Processes of formation of sedimentary rocks, Study of Laterite and Bauxite, Conglomerate, Breceia, Sandstone, Shale, Limestone.
- Metamorphic rocks – Definition of metamorphism; Agents and types of metamorphism. Study of Slate, Marble, Chlorite schist, Granite gneiss
- Study of rocks used as Building material with reference to Strength, Durability, Colour, Study of Granite, Basalt, Sandstone, Limestone, Marble.
- Location – its relation with India
- Physiography – Physiographic divisions, relief features, Geological structure.
- Distribution of major rock types and their economic significance.
- Distribution of economically important minerals – varieties of Silica, Zeolites, Kyanite,Bauxite,Iron and Manganese ores, Coal, Oil and Natural gas.