CISCE Syllabus For Class 12 Psychology: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Class 12. Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The CISCE Class 12 Psychology syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Class 12 Psychology Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the CISCE Class 12 Psychology Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Class 12 Psychology in addition to this.
CISCE Class 12 Psychology Revised Syllabus
CISCE Class 12 Psychology and their Unit wise marks distribution
CISCE Class 12 Psychology Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
CISCE Class 12 Psychology Syllabus for Intelligence and Ability
- Aptitude, Achievement and Interest
- What is meant by Aptitude - when aptitude needs to be assessed - the GATB (General Aptitude Test Battery);
- meaning and usefulness of Achievement tests;
- why and how Interest is measured - the SCII (Strong Campbell Interest Inventory).
CISCE Class 12 Psychology Syllabus for Personality
Definitions of personality – Allport, Cattell, Eysenck.
- Theories of Personality
- Type Theory: Sheldon, Kreshtmer, Hippocrates, Friedman, Charak Samhita of Ayurveda.
- Psychoanalytic Theory of Personality: Freud's levels of consciousness, structure of personality - Id, Ego and Superego
- principles on which they function
- Psychosexual stages of development and fixation
- Post Freudians: Erik Erikson, Horney
- Humanistic theories of Rogers (concept of fully functioning persons) and Maslow (self actualization).
- Traits: Allport (central, secondary and cardinal traits), Cattell (source and surface traits).
- The five-factor model of Costa and McCrae.
- Social Cognition and Social Learning theories of Bandura and Rotter (Identification and explanation of concepts in each theoretical framework).
- How Personality is Assessed
- The use of Self Reports - inventories/ questionnaires in assessing Personality - an understanding of the MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory);
- what is meant by Projective Techniques - how the Rorschach Inkblot and TAT (Thematic Apperception Test) are used (Test details should include procedure, scoring, and results)
CISCE Class 12 Psychology Syllabus for Lifespan Development
- Meaning of Development, Growth and Maturation
- Why is the study of lifespan development important?
- Determinants – the interaction of heredity and environment,
- context of development – Bronfenbrenner’s Ecological System Theory.
- Infancy - Motor, Cognitive Development, Socio-emotional Development
- Motor – milestones;
- cognitive – Piaget’s Sensory-Motor Stage
- socio-emotional development – emergence of attachment.
- Mary Ainsworth’s & Lamb’s strange situation test.
- Childhood - Motor, Cognitive Development, Socio-emotional Development
- Motor development
- cognitive development – Piaget’s Theory (Preoperational, Concrete and Formal Operational)
- the emergence of self – gender awareness, gender identity, stability, consistency, stereotype role, sex-category, constancy;
- The emergence of peer relationships. Moral development – Kohlberg’s perspective
- Experiment on Moral Dilemma –pre-conventional, conventional and post-conventional morality.
- Challenges of Adolescence
- Physical changes at puberty
- Cognitive development – Piaget’s Formal Operational Stage
- Socio-emotional development - forming an identity, dealing with sexuality and gender identity
- some major concerns – delinquency, substance abuse (drugs and alcohol) – meaning of substance abuse, symptoms and treatment
- eating disorders - bulimia, anorexia.
CISCE Class 12 Psychology Syllabus for Stress and Stress Management
- Common Causes of Stress
- External/situational: major life events, minor hassles of everyday life, work-related causes, the physical environment.
- Internal/dispositional: Personality variables-traits and types.
- Effects of Stress on Health and Performance
- Upsets the internal mechanism and balance - immune system affected, hypertension, heart problems, ulcers, diabetes, asthma (each effect to be briefly explained).
- The relation between stress and performance - burnout.
- Stress Management
- Coping with stress: Ineffective strategies - defense mechanisms - rationalization, projection, reaction formation, regression, repression (each to be briefly explained), displacement, sublimation
- Effective strategies - relaxation training and yoga
- Effective lifestyles: stress cycles – distress
CISCE Class 12 Psychology Syllabus for Psychological Disorders and Psychotherapy
- Characteristics of Some Psychological Disorders
- What is meant by anxiety - different forms of anxiety disorders: phobias, obsession - compulsive disorders;
- Mood disorders characteristics of severe depression, manic-depressive or bipolar disorder;
- personality - anti-social, histrionic, avoidant, dependent, passive-aggressive (causes and symptoms)
- Nature and Process of Psychotherapy
- What is meant by Psychotherapy - central
features of psychodynamic therapies - free
association, dream analysis, transference
- the principles on which client centred therapy has been developed.
- Behavioural therapies based on classical and operant conditioning and modelling, psychosocial;
- Therapeutic Relationship
- What is meant by Psychotherapy - central
CISCE Class 12 Psychology Syllabus for Social Thought and Social Behaviour
- Social Perception
- How people determine whether others' behaviour is a result of internal causes or external factors - biases in forming judgments (attribution).
- Explain with examples each of the following biases - the person positivity bias, motivational biases, self-serving bias, the false consensus effect, automatic vigilance, motivated scepticism, counterfactual thinking
- Introduction to Social Influence and Group Processes
- how people try to change others’ behaviour;
- social norms;
- conformity and obedience - factors affecting them.
- What is meant by social norms - why people conform to social norms and why they digress;
- factors affecting Conformity and Obedience.
- Asch's study on conformity;
- why and when people obey others -Milgram's experiment
CISCE Class 12 Psychology Syllabus for Attitudes
- Meaning of “Attitude”
- What are attitudes - the components of attitude;
- how far attitudes determine behaviours: the process of forming attitudes - how attitudes change: persuasion and cognitive dissonance.
- Prejudice and Discrimination
- An understanding of the meaning of prejudice and how it works in the form of discrimination - causes of prejudice: social learning, realistic competition, social categorization and stereotyping;
- ways in which prejudice can be resisted. Caste, community and gender stereotypes in the Indian context.
CISCE Class 12 Psychology Syllabus for Applications of Psychology
- Clinical and Counselling Psychology
Role of a counsellor and a clinical psychologist in dealing with individuals, couples, families and groups.
- Educational (School) Psychology
- How Psychology helps to facilitate learning in school - students and teachers;
- individual problems: learning differences, teaching and evaluation techniques, school environment.
- Career counselling - how Psychology helps in the choice of a career -requirements of a field or job, testing individuals, matching individual and field/job.
- Organisational Psychology
- How Psychology helps to promote efficiency, well-being, and profitability - a study of factors involved.
- Recruitment, motivation, team building and leadership skills, marketing and consumer behaviour.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English 2011 to 2019
- Hindi (Indian Languages) 2013 to 2019
- Mathematics 2011 to 2019
- Physics (Theory) 2011 to 2019
- Chemistry (Theory) 2011 to 2019
- Biology (Theory) 2011 to 2019
- Computer Science (Theory) 2011 to 2020
- Biology (Practical) 2011 to 2019
- Computer Science (Practical) 2011 to 2020
- Chemistry (Practical) 2014 to 2019
- Physics (Practical) 2014 to 2019
- English (Literature in English) 2011 to 2019