Units and Topics
100 Physical Quantities and Measurement
- Concept of Physical Quantities and Units
- Measurement of Volume (3d Concept)
- Concept of Unit Volume
- Measurement of Area
- Estimate the Area of Irregular Shape Using a Graph Paper
- Measurement of Densiy of Regular Solids - Basic Concept
- Determination of Density of a Regular Solid
- Measurement of Volume (3D concept):Concept of unit volume
- Measurement of Area:
Estimate the Area of irregular Shape using aGraph paper Measurement of Density of
Simple Numerical (SI units not required)
- Calculation of Speed:
Simple Numerical (SI units not required).
200 Force and Pressure: Motion
- Concept of Force and Pressure: Motion
- Motion as a Change in Position of an Object with Respect to Time
- Types of Motion
- Uniform Motion and Non-uniform Motion
- Concept of Weight
Weight of an object on the moon
- Differences Between Mass and Weight
- Motion as a change in position of an object with respect to time.
- Types of motion:
Repetitive (Periodic and Non Periodic)
- Uniform and Non Uniform Motion: concept of distance and speed (average speed)
Differences between Mass and Weight.
- Different Forms of Energy
- Inter-conversion of Energy
- Concept of Law of Conservation of Energy
- Law of Conservation of Energy: Real World Examples
Energy as capacity to do work.
Units of energy (joule and calorie).
Different forms of energy.
Inter-conversion of energy
- Law of conservation of energy:
Real world examples
400 Light Energy
- Concept of Light Energy
- Concept of Reflection
- Definition and Examples.
- Terms Related to Reflection:Normal, Plane, Point of Incidence, Angle of Incidence, Angle of Reflection
- Laws of Reflection
- Incident ray
- Reflected ray
- Angle of incidence
- Angle of reflection
- Images Formed by a Plane Mirrors
- Plane Mirror
- Plane Mirror
- Characteristics of the Image Formed (Lateral Inversion, Same Size, Distance is Preserved).
- Uses of Plane Mirror
- Speed of Light
- Primary Colours (RGB)
- Formation of Secondary Colours by Colour Addition.
- Appearance of Colour of an Object (Based on Reflection and Absorption)
- Colour Subtraction
Definition and Examples.
Terms related to reflection -
Normal, plane, point of incidence,
angle of incidence, angle of
- Laws of Reflection.
- Plane mirror:
Ray Diagram (no mention of
virtual image).Characteristics of
the image formed (Lateral
Inversion, Same size, distance is
- Speed of light (3 X 10 8 m/s).
- Primary colours (RGB).
- Formation of secondary colours by Colour addition.
- Appearance of colour of an object
(Based on Reflection and absorption)
- Colour subtraction.
- Heat as a Form of Energy and Its Units, Joule(J) and Calorie (Cal).
- Unit of Temperature
- Temperature scales - Fahrenheit scale, Celsius or Centigrade scale, Kelvin or Absolute scale.
- Effects of Heat
- Change in Temperature
- Change in State
- Change in Size (Expansion and Contraction)
- Chemical changes
- Transfer of Heat
- Transfer of Heat
- Heat as a form of energy and its units, joule(J) and calorie (cal).
- Different units of Temperature (°C, °F, K).
- Effects of Heat:
Change in Temperature.
Change in Size (Expansion and contraction).
Change in State.
Good Conductors and Bad
Conductors of Heat and their examples.
Choice of conductors and insulators in day to day life (Pan handles, metal cooking utensils etc.)
- Methods of Heat Transfer:
- Thermos Flask:
(Application of Heat Transfer)
- Sources of Sound
- Longitudinal Nature of Sound Waves
- Characteristics of a Sound Wave
- Propagation of Sound
- Reflection and Absorption of Sound
- Speed of Sound
- Speed of Sound
- Speed of Sound in Different Media
- Sources of sound.
- Sound as a longitudinal wave.
- Characteristics of a sound wave: Amplitude (Relate amplitude with loudness) and Frequency
- Sound needs a medium to propagate
- Reflection and Absorption of sound.
- Relative speed of sound in different mediums.
700 Electricity and Magnetism
- Concept of Electricity and Magnetism
- Laws of Magnetism
- Test for a Magnet (By Repulsion)
- Electromagnetism, Electromagnets and Their Applications- Electric Bell
- Electric Current as a Flow of Charges
- Electric Cell
- Dry Cell
- Lead-Acid Cell
- Ni-Cd cell
- Resistors as Components that Oppose the Flow of Current
- Symbolic Representation of Electrical Components (Key,Battery, Bulb, Conducting Wire, Resistor)
- Simple Electric Circuit - Series and Parallel
- Battery as a Collection of Cells Connected in Series
- Good and Bad Conductors of Electricity
- Laws of magnetism
- Test for a magnet (by repulsion)
- Electromagnetism, Electromagnets and their
applications- Electric bell
- Electric current as a flow of charges
- Electric cell as source of electricity
- Resistors as components that oppose the flow of current.
- Symbolic representation of electrical components (key,battery, bulb, conducting
- Simple electric circuit- Series and Parallel
- Battery as a collection of cells connected in series.
- Good and Bad conductors of electricity
Books For All Subjects
- Concise Physics - Middle School for Class 7 ICSE