CISCE Syllabus For Class 10 Physical Education: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Class 10. Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The CISCE Class 10 Physical Education syllabus for the academic year 2023-2024 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Class 10 Physical Education Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the CISCE Class 10 Physical Education Syllabus pdf 2023-2024. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Class 10 Physical Education in addition to this.
CISCE Class 10 Physical Education Revised Syllabus
CISCE Class 10 Physical Education and their Unit wise marks distribution
CISCE Class 10 Physical Education Course Structure 2023-2024 With Marking Scheme
|I||Human Growth and Development|
|VI||Safety in Sports|
|VIII||Health and Hygiene|
|8.2||Diseases, Defects and Injury|
CISCE Class 10 Physical Education Syllabus for Human Growth and Development
(i) Growth and Development Meaning of growth and development and difference between the two. A brief understanding of the Stages: Infancy (0 to 5 years), Childhood (5 to 12 years), Adolescence (12 to 19 years), Adulthood (19 to 65 years and above)
(ii) Factors that influence Human Growth and Development Hereditary, Environmental, Gender,
CISCE Class 10 Physical Education Syllabus for Physical Education
(i) Meaning, definition, aim of Physical Education.
(ii) Objectives of Physical Education. Physical development, Psychological development, Social development, Emotional development.
CISCE Class 10 Physical Education Syllabus for Body Types
Endomorph, Mesomorph, Ectomorph. Physical and psychological characteristics (typical traits) of each.
CISCE Class 10 Physical Education Syllabus for Physical Fitness
(i) Meaning of Physical fitness and its importance.
(ii) Components of Physical Fitness. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, Accuracy.
(iii) Factors affecting Physical Fitness. Hereditary, Nutrition, Environment, Training (facilities and methods), Illness, Selfmotivation, Emotional stability, Lifestyle, Posture.
CISCE Class 10 Physical Education Syllabus for Sports Training
(i) Meaning of Sports training.
(ii) Importance of sports training and its objectives. Builds up strength and endurance, Improves skill levels, Builds motivation, ambition and confidence, Improves knowledge of the their sport, Increases muscle tone, Facilitates good circulation, Improves agility and flexibility, Improves the rate of waste product disposal, Speeds up recovery time, More resistant to injury and illness, Improves concentration, Increases self-esteem. (A brief understanding)
(iii) Principles of Sports Training. Individuality, Specificity, Progression, Overload, Adaptation, Recovery, Reversibility, Variance, Frequency, Continuity, Active participation, Periodization, Intensity. A brief understanding of the above.
CISCE Class 10 Physical Education Syllabus for Safety in Sports
(i) Sports related injuries. Injury – meaning; Sports related injuries: Muscle strain/Pulled muscle, Torn ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), Torn MCL (medial collateral ligament), Shin splints,
Stress fracture, Fracture, sprained ankle, Tennis elbow, Low back pain, Concussion, Runner's knee. A brief understanding of the sports injuries, their causes, symptoms and first aid for these injuries.
(ii) Prevention of injuries. Warming up and cooling down to be done; fitness of the participant; use of correct equipment and maintaining equipment; Proper knowledge of rules of the game/ sport; Wearing the recommended protective gear; importance of resting between workouts;
supervision of coach / teacher; proper training of skills and techniques; safe facilities.
CISCE Class 10 Physical Education Syllabus for Team Games
Candidates will be required to answer questions on the rules, skills and methods of fitness training of any two of the following team games.
Cricket, football, handball, hockey, basketball, volleyball, softball.
- Knowledge of the Cricket Game
- Rules of the Cricket Game
- The Field of play: Diagram of the cricket field and pitch with measurements and specifications;
- The Ball (Shape, Material, Circumference, Weight);
- The Bat (Length, Width, Material);
- Stumps and bails (Height, Width);
- The Players (Number of players: playing eleven and substitutes);
- The Players’ Equipment;
- Compulsory equipment;
- Types of matches (One day, Five days, Four days and T20);
- Officials and their duties (2 field umpires, 1 third umpire, 1 match referee and 2 scorers);
- The Ball in and out of Play;
- Ways of a batsman getting out
- Fundamental Skills and Techniques of Cricket
- Batting (On drive, Off drive, Square cut and Leg glance);
- Fielding (Close catching, Catching 'In the outfield', Long barrier and Throwing);
- Bowling (Inswing, Outswing, Yorker and Full toss);
- Wicket-keeping (Footwork, Catching the ball, and Diving)
- Terminology in Cricket
Maiden over, Hat trick, Extra, Dead rubber, Seam bowling, Over, No ball, Bouncer, Sight screen, Bump ball, Danger area, Power play, Overthrow, Declaration, Appeal, Bodyline Bowling, Dot ball, Substitute, Dead ball, Ball-tampering, Century, Follow-on, Golden duck, Nick, Nightwatchman, Tailender, Pull shot, Innings defeat, Cover drive, Innings, Straight drive, Sweep shot, Hook shot, Reverse sweep, Uppercut, Late cut, Leg glance, Pull shot, Flick shot, Beamer, Off cutter, Leg cutter, Short pitch, Full-length delivery, Reverse swing, Different types of signals, extra runs, extra players, runner, substitute, provisions and restrictions, players equipment, danger area, various terms of cricket.
- National and International Governing Bodies of Cricket
- BCCI - Board of Control for Cricket in India
- ICC - International Cricket Council
- National and International Tournaments in Cricket
- National Tournament: Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy, Vijay Hazare Trophy, Deodhar Trophy, Irani Trophy, Indian Premier League.
- International Tournaments: ICC Cricket World Cup, ICC Champions Trophy, ICC World T20, World Cricket League.
- Knowledge of the Football Game
- Laws of the Football Game
- The Field of play: Diagram of the Field with Measurements and Specifications, Height and Width of Goalpost, Height of Corner flags
- The Ball: Shape, Material, Circumference, weight, Air pressure
- The Players: Number of players (playing eleven and substitutes), Number of substitutions allowed in a match, Substitution procedure The Players’ Equipment, Compulsory Equipment
- The Referee: Powers and Duties, Compulsory Equipment, Referee signals
- Other match officials:
- Assistant Referees: Duties and Signals;
- Fourth official: Duties;
- Additional assistant referee: Duties;
- Reserve assistant referee: Duties
- The Duration of the Match: Periods of play, Halftime interval, Allowance for time lost, Penalty kick, Abandoned match
- The Start and Restart of Play: Kick-off and its Procedure (start, both halves, both halves of extra time and restarts play after a goal), Free kicks and its Procedure (Direct and Indirect), Penalty Kicks and its Procedure, Throw-in and its Procedure, Goal kicks and its Procedure, Corner Kicks and its Procedure
- The Ball in and out of Play
- Determining the outcome of a match: Goal scored, Winning team, Kicks from the penalty mark
- Offside: Offside position, Offside offence, No offence
- Fouls and Misconduct: Direct free kick, Indirect free-kick, Disciplinary action (Yellow card and Red card), Restart of play after fouls and misconduct.
- Fundamental Skills and Techniques of Football
- Passing (Short pass and Long pass);
- Trapping (Step trap, Inside trap, Thigh trap, Chest trap and Head trap);
- Shooting (Instep, Swerve shot, Chip and toe punt);
- Terminology in Football
Advantage, Zonal marking, Sliding Tackle, Through the pass, Quarter Circle, Man-to-Man Marking, Additional time, Extra time, Nutmeg, One-on-one, Step over, Technical area, Volley, Half Volley, Attacker, Defender, Chip, Cross, Overlap, Lob, Banana Kick, Bicycle Kick, Wall Pass, Goal-line technology (GLT), Principles of play-attack, depth, defence, penetration, sweeper systems, 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-4. Kick-off, corner kick, throw-in, goal kick, free kick, penalty kick. Importance of penalty arc, center circle and lines on the field.
- National and International Governing Bodies of Football
- AIFF - All India Football Federation
- FIFA - Federation Internationale de Football Association
- IFAB - International Football Association Board
- National and International Tournaments of Football
- National Tournaments: Santosh Trophy, Subroto Cup, Federation Cup, Durand Cup, I – League
- International Tournaments: FIFA World Cup, UEFA European Championship, AFC Cup
- Knowledge of the Hockey Game
- Rules of the Hockey Game
- Field of play: Diagram of the Field with Measurements and Specifications
- Composition of teams: Number of Players, Substitution rule for Field players and Goalkeepers
- Captains: Identity and Responsibility
- Players’ clothing and equipment: Uniform and equipment of Field Players, Goalkeepers
- Match and result: Duration of the match and half time, Result of the match
- Start and re-start of the match: Procedure of Start (centre pass) and Re-start (Bully, Free hit, Second half)
- Ball outside the field: Procedure to re-start from different areas, sideline, backline, after every goal
- Method of scoring
- Conduct of play: Players, Goalkeepers and Players with Goalkeeping Privileges; Umpires (Responsibilities of Umpires).
- Penalties and procedures for taking penalties:
- Awarding: Free Hit, Penalty Corner and Penalty Stroke; Procedures: Free hit, Penalty corner, Penalty stroke.
- Personal Penalties: Cautions (Verbal warning);
- Temporary suspension: Green Card - 2 minutes suspension, Yellow Card- 5 minutes suspension; Permanent suspension (Red Card).
- Detailed understanding of the rules and regulations of the game. Match time, extra time, tiebreaker, sudden death, ball in play and out of play, penalty stroke, short corner, long corner, free hits, hit or push back, 16 yards hit, the importance of lines on the field. Start and restart of the match.
- Knowledge of the dimensions and diagrams of the field and goalpost, the thickness of the lines, dimensions, and complete specifications and markings on it. Equipment of the game with their length, width, weight, thickness, material and dimensions. Protective equipment of the goalkeeper and players.
- Duties of the officials, requirements of the game, equipment needed, numbers of players, reserve bench, running substitution duty of coach, captain, assistant referees, ball boys, doctor, groundsmen.
- Laws governing the game. Suspensions, penalizations, arrangements needed to conduct tournaments, punishment on players, coaches.
- Equipment Specifications in Hockey Game
- Field Equipment:
- Goal-post: (sideboard, backboard and net);
- Flag post
- Hockey Stick (Specification and Properties) Ball: Shape, Material, Circumference, Weight, Colour
- Fundamental Skills and Techniques of Hockey Game
- Passing (Push, Drive and Sweep)
- Trap (Upright stop & Flat stop)
- Dribbling (Straight dribble, Loose dribble, Indian dribble, Dribbling pull back, One hand dribble: right hand and reverse side)
- Basic skills and techniques (Passing - types of pass, ground lofted, chip, volley, angle of pass, push, scoop, flick, aerial ball. Receiving the ball – control, dribbling (running with the ball, rhythm and pace, feints, body swerves, screening, beating an opponent from the right to the left, right and behind. Shooting skills with Stick, inside or outside, short and long-range shots, swerving shots, volleys, penalty, power, and accuracy. Tackling skills - interception, jockeying for position. Goalkeeping skills - stopping, watching, guiding the team, saving goals, kicking, diving, anticipation, speed, Reflexes.
- Terminology in Hockey
Forehand, Playing Distance, Tackle, Back Stick, Dangerous Play, Field Goal, Obstruction, Raised Ball, High Stick, Hooking, Reverse stick, Push, Scoop, AdvantageFlick, High ball, Shooting circle, Undercutting, Jab, Foot, Give-and-go, Carry the ball, Centre pass, Back pass, Reverse hit, Rebound, Rusher, Long corner, Through pass, Stroke, Cross, 16-yard hit, Principles of play-attack, depth, defence, penetration, team formations 1-2-3-5/ 1-1-3-4-2/ 1-1-3-3.
- National and International Governing Bodies of Hockey
- FIH - Federation Internationale de Hockey (French)
- IHF - Indian Hockey Federation
- National and International Tournaments of Hockey
- National Tournaments: All India Gurmeet Memorial Hockey Tournament. Chandigarh, All India Chhatrapati Shivaji Hockey Tournament, Delhi, All India Indira Gold Cup Hockey Tournament, Jammu.
- International Tournaments: Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey Tournament, World Hockey Cup, Champions Trophy.
- Knowledge of the Basketball Game
- Rules and Regulations of Basketball Game
- Court: Diagram of the court with Dimensions and Specifications, Meaning of Court areas, lines, circle, semi-circle, position of the scorer's table and substitution chairs.
- Equipment needed to conduct the game Teams: Definition, Rules, Players uniform Injured players
- Captain and Coaches: Duties and powers Duration of Play Playing time, Tied score and Extra periods
- Status of the ball: Ball Live, Ball Dead
- Jump ball and Alternating possession: Jump ball: Definition, Procedure and Situations; Alternating possession: Definition and Procedure
- How the ball is played: Definition and Rule
- Control of Ball: Definition, Team Control: Continues and Ends
- Goal: When made and its value, Definition, Rule of scoring
- Throw-in, time-out, substitution: Definition, Rules and procedures.
- Game Lost by Forfeit, default, violation: Rules and Penalty
- Player out of bounce and Ball Out of Bounds: Definition and Rule
- Dribbling: Definition, a dribble starts, a dribble ends, rule for dribbling
- Travelling: Definition, Pivot
- Closely Guarded Player: Definition and Rule 3 Seconds rule, 8 Seconds rule, 24 Seconds rule and procedure
- Ball returned to backcourt: Definition, Rule and Penalty
- Goaltending and Interference: Definition and rule; Meaning and penalty of Interference; Penalty for The Respective Violations
- Fouls – Definition; Personal Foul, Double Foul - Definition and Penalty; Technical Foul: Rules of conduct, Violence, Definition and Penalty; Unsportsmanlike Foul, Disqualifying foul - Definition and Penalty
- Fighting - Definition, Rule and Penalty; Penalty for the respective Fouls; Five fouls by a player;
- Team fouls: Definition and Rule.
- Contact: General principles: Cylinder principle, Principle of verticality, Legal guarding position, Guarding a player who controls the ball, Guarding a player who does not control the ball, A player who is in the air, Screening (Legal and Illegal), Charging, Blocking, No charge semi-circle areas, Contacting an opponent with the hand(s) or arm(s), Holding, Pushing
- Free Throws - Definition, Rule and Penalty
- Duties and Powers of: Officials, Table officials and Commissioner; Referee; Scorer and Assistant Scorer; Timer; Short clock operator
- Laws governing the game. Suspensions, penalisations, arrangements needed to conduct tournaments.
- Fundamental Skills and Techniques of Basketball Game
- Dribbling (high dribble, change of pace, crossover, between the legs and behind the back)
- Passing (chest pass, bounce pass, baseball pass, outlet pass and no-look pass)
- Shooting (layup, jump shot, hook shot, free throw, bank shot and slam dunk)
- Defence (man to man defence, zone defence and combination defence)
- Offence (early offence, set offence, motion offence, zone offence and spread offence)
- Rebounding (Offensive and Defensive)
- Footwork (pivot, 1 count and 2 count stop) One to one defence, fake and drive, pass and cut Defence, types of defence, zone defence, and fast break.
- Terminology in Basketball Game
Drive, Fake, Fast Break, Blocking, Charge, Carry, Screen, Double Dribble, Travel, Triple Threat, Ball Handler, Dead Ball, Front Court, Loose Ball, Held Ball, Dunk, Field Goal, Alley-Oop, Back Court, Press, Box out, Double foul, Jump stop, Timeout Airball, Jump ball, Game clock, Block, Possession arrow.
- National and International Governing Bodies of Basketball
- BFI - Basketball Federation of India
- FIBA - Federation Internationale De Basketball
- National and International Tournaments of Basketball
- National Tournaments: Youth National Basketball Championships, Federation Cup Basketball Championship, UBA Pro Basketball League
- International Tournaments: FIBA World Championship, European Basketball championship, FIBA Asia Championship.
- Knowledge of the Volleyball Game
- Rules of the Volleyball Game
- Playing Area: Diagram of the Play Area with Measurements and Specifications; Diagram of Net, Antenna and Posts with measurements and specifications
- Ball: Shape, Material, Weight, Circumference, Air Pressure
- Composition of teams:
- Players equipment and forbidden objects
- Team Leaders: Responsibility of Captain, Coach and Assistant coach
- Playing Format: To score a point, To win a set, To win the match
- Structure of Play: The Toss, Official warm-up session, Team starting line-up, Positions and Positional fault, Rotation and Rotation fault
- States of Play: Ball in play, Ball out of play, Ball "IN", Ball "OUT"
- Playing the ball: Team Hits, Characteristics of the hit, Faults in playing the ball, Ball at the net, Ball crossing the net, Ball touching the net, Ball in the net.
- Player at the net: Reaching beyond the net, Penetration under the net, Contact with the net, Player's faults at the net
- Service: First service in a set, Service order, Authorization of the service, Execution of the service, Screening, Faults made during service, Serving faults and Positional faults
- Attack hit: Characteristics, Restrictions, Faults
- Block: Blocking, Block contact, Blocking within the opponent's space, Block and team hits, Blocking the service, Blocking faults
- Interruptions, Delays and Intervals: Interruptions (meaning); Number of regular game interruptions; Sequence of regular game interruptions; Request for regular game interruptions;
- Time-outs and Technical time-outs
- Exceptional game interruptions: Injury/illness, External interference, Prolonged interruptions
- Substitution: Limitation, Exceptional, Expulsion/disqualification, Illegal, Procedure, Improper request
- Game delays: Types of delays, Delay sanctions Intervals and change of court
- Libero player: Designation of the Libero, Equipment, Actions involving the libero, Redesignation of a new libero
- Participants' conduct: Sportsmanlike conduct, Fair play
- Misconduct and its sanctions: Minor misconduct, Misconduct leading to sanction, Sanction scale,
- Cards used: Warning (Verbal and Yellow card); Penalty (Red card); Expulsion (Red plus Yellow card jointly); Disqualification (Red plus Yellow card separately)
- Referees: Composition, Procedures, Location, Authority and Responsibilities of First referee, Second referee, Scorer, Assistant scorer, Line judges.
- Duties of the officials, table officials, referees, requirements of the game, equipment needed, numbers of players, reserve bench, duty of coach, captain, etc.
- Laws governing the game. Suspensions, penalisations, arrangements needed to conduct tournaments, default by teams.
- Fundamental Skills and Techniques of Volleyball
- Service (Underhand, Topspin, Float, Jump serve and Jump float)
- Pass (Underarm pass and Overhand pass)
- Set (Overhead and Bump)
- Attack/spike (Backcourt, Line and cross-court shot, Dip, Block-abuse, Off-speed hit, Quick hit, Slide and Double-quick hit)
- Block (Single block, Double block and Triple block)
- Basic skills and techniques, tactics and team skills Knowledge of basic skills, volley-two hand pass over the head forearm pass. The serve underarm, over arm float, over arm jump, overarm top spin, round house jump. The smash - high set cross-court, down the line, speed smash, tip the ball over the block. The block-line of defence, defence against a smash, attack at set ball. Teamwork importance in both defence and attack. Understanding rotation, blocking and screening.
- Terminology in Volleyball
Back row attack, Block assist, Side out, Blocking error, Floater, Two set, Extension roll, Free ball, Joust, Overlapping, Backset, Carry, Closing the block, Ball down, Quickset, Serving zone, Defence zone, Attack zone, Foot fault, Net violation, Trap set, Reading an opponent, Cross-court attack
- National and International Governing Bodies of Volleyball
- VFI - Volleyball Federation of India
- FIVB - Federation International De Volleyball
- National and International Tournaments of Volleyball
- National Tournaments: Indian Volleyball League, Federation Cup, Poornima Trophy
- International Tournaments: World Championship, World Cup Volleyball, Super Challenge Cup
- Knowledge of the Badminton Game
- Rules of the Badminton Game
- Court: Diagram of the court with Measurements and Specifications, Court equipment (Posts and Net)
- Shuttle: Dimensions and Specifications, Testing a shuttle for speed
- Racket: Diagram of the racket with Measurements and Specifications
- Toss: Procedure Scoring system
- Change of ends Service: Singles (serving and receiving courts);
- Doubles: Serving and receiving courts, Order of play and position on the court, Scoring and serving, Sequence of serving Service court errors Lets Shuttle, not in play Continuous play, Misconduct, and Penalties
- Officials duties and appeals: Referee, Umpire, Service judge, Line judges
- Detailed understanding of the rules and regulations of the game. Match time, extra time, tie, shuttle in play and out of play, the importance of lines on the court, singles, and doubles.
- Knowledge of the dimensions and diagram of the court, the thickness of the lines. Equipment required for the game with their length, width weight, thickness, material, and dimensions.
- Duties of the officials, requirements of the game, equipment needed, number of players, the duty of the coach, match organizers.
- Laws governing the game. Suspensions, penalizations, arrangements needed to conduct tournaments, punishment on players, coaches, match points, etc.
- Fundamental Skills of Badminton Game
Basic skills and techniques - forehand or backhand, correct grip, smash, drop, drive, netplay, return upshots and low/ high/ flick serves, Basic positioning for men and women rallies.
- Terminology in Badminton
Short serve, Long serve, Wide serve, Service order, Love, All, Deuce, Forecourt, Mid-court, Rear court, Rally, Set, Rubber, Lunge, Clear lob, Half smash, Full smash, Carry, Baseline smash, Drive, Push shot, Tumbling net shot, Net kill, Net lift Hairpin net shot, Alley, Back-alley, Follow through, Court, Wood shot Flick, Bird, Singles footwork base.
- National and International Governing Bodies of Badminton
- BAI - Badminton Association of India
- BWF - Badminton World Federation
- National and International Tournaments of Badminton
- National Tournaments: Indian Open Badminton Championship, Senior National Badminton championship
- International Tournaments: World Championship, Thomas Cup.
CISCE Class 10 Physical Education Syllabus for Health and Hygiene
Personal cleanliness. Oral hygiene. Principles of diet with reference to teeth, slimming and obesity. Correct posture. Exercise. Recreation: Foot care. Sleep requirements. Dangers of misuse of drugs, including alcohol and smoking.
Causes of disease, bacteria, viruses, fungi, protozoa. Vaccination and antibiotics, disinfectants and antiseptics. Spread of bronchitis, pneumonia, TB, VD, malaria, ringworm, athlete's foot through contact, droplet infection, flies and other insects. Arthritis, rheumatism and heart disease.
Dangers from gas, electricity, fire, poisoning and accident.
CISCE Class 10 Physical Education Syllabus for First Aid
(a) Treatment of cuts and abrasions. Application of splints.
(b) Treatment of sprains, cramps and cases of drowning.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English 1 (English Language) 2006 to 2022
- Hindi 2009 to 2022
- Marathi 2022 to 2022
- History and Civics 2006 to 2022
- Mathematics 2006 to 2022
- Economics 2011 to 2022
- Biology 2006 to 2022
- Chemistry 2006 to 2022
- Computer Science 2010 to 2013
- English 2 (Literature in English) 2006 to 2022
- Environmental Education 2009 to 2011
- Geography 2006 to 2022
- Physics 2006 to 2022