CISCE Syllabus For Class 7 Mathematics: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Class 7. Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The CISCE Class 7 Mathematics syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Class 7 Mathematics Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the CISCE Class 7 Mathematics Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Class 7 Mathematics in addition to this.
CISCE Class 7 Mathematics Revised Syllabus
CISCE Class 7 Mathematics and their Unit wise marks distribution
CISCE Class 7 Mathematics Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
CISCE Class 7 Mathematics Syllabus for Number System
- Concept of Integers
- Multiplication and Division of Integers
- Properties of Operations on Integers
- Concept for Commutativity, Associativity, Existence of Identity
- Inverse and Distributivity
- Problem Solving Using Operations on Integers
- Statement Problems on Integers Using All Fundamental Operations.
- Multiplication and division of integers
- Properties of operations on integers: Commutativity, associativity, existence of identity and inverse and distributivity
- Problem solving using operations on integers
- Solution of word problems involving integers (all operations)
- Concept of Rational Numbers
- Word Problems on Rational Numbers (All Operations)
- Decimal Representation of Rational Numbers
- Concept for Problem Solving Using Operations on Rational Numbers
- Concept of Decimal Numbers
- Introduction to rational numbers (withrepresentation on numberline)
- Word problems onrational numbers (alloperations)
- Decimal representation of rational numbers
- Problem solving using operations on rational numbers and decimal fractions
- Concept of Exponents
- Concept for Exponents Only Natural Numbers.
- Laws of Exponents (Through Observing Patterns to Arrive at Generalisation.)
- Concept for Application of Laws of Exponents in Simple Daily Life Problems
- Exponents only natural numbers.
- Laws of exponents (through observing patterns to arrive at generalisation.)
- Application of laws of exponents in simple daily life problems.
CISCE Class 7 Mathematics Syllabus for Commercial Arithmetic
- Ratio and proportion (revision)
- Concept of Unitary Method (Including Time and Work)
- Unitary Method Continued, Consolidation, General Expression for Unitary Method .
- Relation Between Speed, Time and Distance
- Unitary method continued, consolidation, general expression for unitary method .
- Speed, distance, time
- Concept of Percent and Percentage
- Concept for Understanding Percentage as a Fraction with Denominator 100
- Converting Fractional Numbers to Percentage
- Converting Decimals to Percentage
- Percentage- an introduction.
- Understanding percentage as a fraction with denominator 100
- Converting fractions and decimals into percentage and vice-versa.
- Application to profit and loss (single transaction only)
- Concept of Principal, Interest, Amount, and Simple Interest
- Simple Interest for one year
- Simple Interest for multiple years
- Concept for Application to Simple Interest (Time Period in Complete Years).
- Application to simple interest (time period in complete years).
CISCE Class 7 Mathematics Syllabus for Algebra
- Fundamental Concepts
- Terms, Factors and Coefficients of Expression
- Algebraic Expressions
- Algebraic Expressions
- Value of Expression
- Number line and an expression
- Performs Operations (Addition and Subtraction) on Algebraic Expressions with Integral Coefficients Only.
- Terms related to algebra like constants, variable, terms, coefficient of terms, like and unlike terms, etc.
- Generate algebraic expressions.
- Performs operations (addition and subtraction) on algebraic expressions with integral coefficients only.
- Simple Linear Equations in One Variable
- Concept for Inequalities
- The sign > means, "is greater than" i.e.; if 'a' is greater than 'b', we write : a > b.
- The sign < means, "is less than" i.e.; if 'a' is less than 'b', we write : a < b.
- Concept for Solution of Simple Inequalities in One Variable
- Simple linear equations in one variable (in contextual problems) with two operations.
- Inequalities and solution of simple inequalities in one variable
CISCE Class 7 Mathematics Syllabus for Geometry
- Introduction to Lines and Angles
- Concept for Pairs of Angles
- Concept for Properties of Parallel Lines with Transversal
- Interior angle theorem
- Corresponding angles and alternate angles theorem
- Construction of a Line Parallel to a Given Line from a Point Outside It .
- Pairs of angles (linear, supplementary, complementary, adjacent, vertically opposite).
- Properties of parallel lines with transversal (alternate, corresponding, interior, exterior angles).
- Construction of a line parallel to a given line from a point outside it .
- Concept of Triangles - Sides, Angles, Vertices, Interior and Exterior of Triangle
- Concept for Angle Sum Property
- Concept for Exterior Angle Property
- Concept for Construction of Simple Triangles.
Properties of triangles:-
- Angle sum property
- Exterior angle property
- Construction of simple triangles.
- Pythagoras Theorem (Verification only)
- Concept of Symmetry
- Concept of Reflection Symmetry
- Concept for Idea of Rotational Symmetry, Observations of Rotational Symmetry of 2-d Objects. (900, 1200, 1800)
- Recalling reflection symmetry
- Idea of rotational symmetry, observations of rotational symmetry of 2-D objects. (900, 1200, 1800)
- Concept of Recognition of Solids
- Faces, Edges and Vertices
- Concept for Mapping the Space Around Approximately Through Visual Estimation.
Representing 3-D in 2-D :-
- Identification and counting of vertices, edges, faces, nets (for cubes cuboids, and cylinders, cones).
- Mapping the space around approximately through visual estimation.
- Congruence of Triangles
- Concept for Congruence Through Superimposition
- Extend Congruence to Simple Geometrical Shapes E.G. Triangles, Circles.
- Criteria for Congruence of Triangles
- Congruence through superimposition
- Extend congruence to simple geometrical shapes e.g. triangles, circles.
- Criteria of congruence
- Concept of Perimeter
- Circumference of a Circle
- Concept of Area
- Concept of Measurement Using a Basic Unit Area of a Square, Rectangle, Triangle, Parallelogram and Circle, Rings and Combined Figures.
- Revision of perimeter and Idea of Circumference of Circle
- Concept of measurement using a basic unit area of a square, rectangle, triangle, parallelogram and circle, rings and combined figures.
CISCE Class 7 Mathematics Syllabus for Data Handling (Statistics)
- Concept of Data Handling
- Data Handling
- Types of Data
- Concept for Collection and Organisation of Data – Choosing the Data to Collect for a Hypothesis Testing
- Concept of Median
- Concept of Mode
- Concept for Constructing
- Interpretation of Bar Graphs
- Collection and organisation of data – choosing the data to collect for a hypothesis testing
- Mean, median and mode of ungrouped data – understanding what they represent
- Constructing and interpreting bar graphs
- Basic Ideas of Probability
- Concept for Feel of Probability Using Data Through Experiments.
- Concept for Notion of Chance
- Concept for Tabulating and Counting Occurrences
- Comparing the Observation with that for a Coin. Observing Strings of Throws, Notion of Randomness.
Feel of probability using data through experiments. Notion of chance in events like tossing coins, dice etc. Tabulating and counting occurrences of 1 through 6 in a number of throws. Comparing the observation with that for a coin. Observing strings of throws, notion of randomness.
Textbook Solutions For All Subjects
- Concise Mathematics Class 7 ICSE