Units and Topics
Candidates will be required to attempt five questions out of eight questions.
1. Identification of different classical dance styles in India. The aesthetic appeal of each, highlighting the distinctiveness of the individual styles, namely Bharatanatyam, Kathak, Odissi, Kuchipudi, Manipuri and Kathakali.
2. The mythological evolution of dance and an elementary understanding of important texts like the Natya Shastra, and story lines associated with classical dance in India. Also, an appreciation of the myths surrounding the lives of Ganesh, Krishna, Shiva, Vishnu, etc.
3. The sociological development of dance – its history, roots, growth and revival.
4. An understanding of the guru-shishya parampara (including the tradition and lineage associated with the chosen dance form only).
5. Prominent exponents of the various different classical dance styles listed above.
6. An understanding of the dance repertoire and musical accompaniment (for the chosen dance style only).
7. The relevance of dance in today’s world and the modern developments in dance.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English 1 (English Language) 2006 to 2019
- Hindi 2009 to 2019
- History and Civics 2006 to 2019
- Mathematics 2006 to 2019
- Economics 2011 to 2020
- Biology 2006 to 2019
- Chemistry 2006 to 2019
- Computer Science 2010 to 2013
- English 2 (Literature in English) 2006 to 2020
- Environmental Education 2009 to 2011
- Geography 2006 to 2019
- Physics 2006 to 2019