Topics with syllabus and resources
1 Physical Quantities and Measurement
- Measurement of Volume (3D concept):Concept of unit volume
- Measurement of Area:
Estimate the Area of irregular Shape using aGraph paper Measurement of Density of
Simple Numerical (SI units not required)
- Calculation of Speed:
Simple Numerical (SI units not required).
- Concepts :
- Measurement of Volume (3d Concept) question (11)
- Concept of Unit Volume question (14)
- Measurement of Area
- Estimate the Area of Irregular Shape Using a Graph Paper question (3)
- Measurement of Densiy of Regular Solids - Basic Concept question (2)
- Measurement of Density of Regular Solids - Formula question (2)
- Concept of Physical Quantities and Measurement question (34)
2 Force and Pressure: Motion
- Motion as a change in position of an object with respect to time.
- Types of motion:
Repetitive (Periodic and Non Periodic)
- Uniform and Non Uniform Motion: concept of distance and speed (average speed)
Differences between Mass and Weight.
- Concepts :
- Motion as a Change in Position of an Object with Respect to Time question (1)
- Types of Motion - Translatory question (2)
- Types of Motion - Circulatory question (7)
- Types of Motion - Oscillatory question (5)
- Types of Motion - Repetitive (Periodic and Non Periodic) question (6)
- Types of Motion - Random question (7)
- Uniform and Non Uniform Motion: Concept of Distance and Speed (Average Speed) question (15)
- Weight - Concept question (3)
- Differences Between Mass and Weight question (10)
- Concept of Force and Pressure: Motion question (9)
Energy as capacity to do work.
Units of energy (joule and calorie).
Different forms of energy.
Inter-conversion of energy
- Law of conservation of energy:
Real world examples
4 Light Energy
Definition and Examples.
Terms related to reflection -
Normal, plane, point of incidence,
angle of incidence, angle of
- Laws of Reflection.
- Plane mirror:
Ray Diagram (no mention of
virtual image).Characteristics of
the image formed (Lateral
Inversion, Same size, distance is
- Speed of light (3 X 10 8 m/s).
- Primary colours (RGB).
- Formation of secondary colours by Colour addition.
- Appearance of colour of an object
(Based on Reflection and absorption)
- Colour subtraction.
- Concepts :
- Concept of Reflection question (4)
- Terms Related to Reflection:Normal, Plane, Point of Incidence, Angle of Incidence, Angle of Reflection question (14)
- Laws of Reflection question (3)
- Plane Mirror - Uses question (3)
- Plane Mirror - Ray Diagram (No Mention of Virtual Image) question (7)
- Plane Mirror - Characteristics of the Image Formed (Lateral Inversion, Same Size, Distance is Preserved). question (13)
- Speed of Light (3 X 10 8 M/S). question (6)
- Primary Colours (RGB) question (4)
- Formation of Secondary Colours by Colour Addition. question (10)
- Appearance of Colour of an Object (Based on Reflection and Absorption) question (2)
- Colour Subtraction question (1)
- Concept of Light Energy question (3)
- Heat as a form of energy and its units, joule(J) and calorie (cal).
- Different units of Temperature (°C, °F, K).
- Effects of Heat:
Change in Temperature.
Change in Size (Expansion and contraction).
Change in State.
Good Conductors and Bad
Conductors of Heat and their examples.
Choice of conductors and insulators in day to day life (Pan handles, metal cooking utensils etc.)
- Methods of Heat Transfer:
- Thermos Flask:
(Application of Heat Transfer)
- Concepts :
- Heat as a Form of Energy and Its Units, Joule(J) and Calorie (Cal). question (1)
- Different Units of Temperature (°C, °F, K). question (22)
- Effects of Heat - Change in Temperature question (13)
- Effects of Heat - Change in Size (Expansion and Contraction). question (21)
- Effects of Heat - Change in State question (2)
- Effects of Heat - Good Conductors and Bad Conductors of Heat and Their Examples question (6)
- Effects of Heat - Choice of Conductors and Insulators in Day to Day Life (Pan Handles, Metal Cooking Utensils Etc.) question (10)
- Methods of Heat Transfer - Conduction question (4)
- Methods of Heat Transfer - Convection question (6)
- Methods of Heat Transfer - Radiation question (5)
- Concept of Heat question (6)
- Sources of sound.
- Sound as a longitudinal wave.
- Characteristics of a sound wave: Amplitude (Relate amplitude with loudness) and Frequency
- Sound needs a medium to propagate
- Reflection and Absorption of sound.
- Relative speed of sound in different mediums.
- Concepts :
- Sources of Sound question (8)
- Sound as a Longitudinal Wave question (1)
- Characteristics of a Sound Wave: Amplitude (Relate Amplitude with Loudness) question (2)
- Characteristics of a Sound Wave - Frequency question (23)
- Sound Needs a Medium to Propagate question (5)
- Reflection and Absorption of Sound question (6)
- Relative Speed of Sound in Different Mediums question (12)
- Concept of Sound question (17)
7 Electricity and Magnetism
- Laws of magnetism
- Test for a magnet (by repulsion)
- Electromagnetism, Electromagnets and their
applications- Electric bell
- Electric current as a flow of charges
- Electric cell as source of electricity
- Resistors as components that oppose the flow of current.
- Symbolic representation of electrical components (key,battery, bulb, conducting
- Simple electric circuit- Series and Parallel
- Battery as a collection of cells connected in series.
- Good and Bad conductors of electricity
- Concepts :
- Laws of Magnetism
- Test for a Magnet (By Repulsion) question (2)
- Electromagnetism, Electromagnets and Their Applications- Electric Bell question (19)
- Electric Current as a Flow of Charges question (1)
- Electric Cell as Source of Electricity question (4)
- Resistors as Components that Oppose the Flow of Current
- Symbolic Representation of Electrical Components (Key,Battery, Bulb, Conducting Wire, Resistor) question (9)
- Simple Electric Circuit - Series and Parallel question (7)
- Battery as a Collection of Cells Connected in Series question (1)
- Good and Bad Conductors of Electricity question (9)
- Concept of Electricity and Magnetism question (16)
Books For All Subjects
- Selina Concise Physics - Middle School for Class 7 (2018-19 Session)