Topics with syllabus and resources
- Life of the playwright and novelist and important events therein
- Evaluation of characters and the roles played by them in the text.
- Description of each incident in the play or novel and its significance.
- Important themes and motifs of the text.
- Relationships between characters and incidents
- Patterns and nuances of the text
- Fantasy and the supernatural.
- Stylistic and narrative devices
- Students’ personal response to and assessment of the novel/play.
- Humour, pathos, tragedy, sarcasm and so on in the texts
- The novel/play in the context of contemporary society
Different types of poems with their characteristics and features:
- sonnet – both Petrarchan (Italian) and Shakespearean
- blank verse
- free verse
- narrative poetry
- pastoral poetry
- dramatic monologue
- romantic poetry
All literary devices in detail and how to recognize them
- climax and anti-climax
A thorough knowledge of the poets’ lives and styles of writing.
Important themes of the poems.
Patterns and nuances of the poems.
Fantasy and the supernatural if present in any poem.
Symbolism and Imagery.
How to write a proper Critical Evaluation / Appreciation, which must contain the following components:
- Life of the poet and how it has impacted his/her style of writing
- Autobiographical element in the poem
- Type of poem
- Mood and atmosphere
- Different levels of meaning in the poem, if any
- Rhyme scheme and its significance
- Literary devices
- The student’s own personal response to the poem
Question Papers For All Subjects
- English 2019 to 2019
- History 2019 to 2019
- Political Science 2019 to 2019
- Geography 2019 to 2019
- Sociology 2019 to 2019
- Psychology 2019 to 2019
- Economics 2019 to 2019
- Mathematics 2019 to 2019
- English (Literature in English) 2019 to 2020